Thread: Saeco VV Steam Wand Replacement

Saeco VV Steam Wand Replacement

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Ok Ive read the countless threads regarding this machines sub par steam wand! and currently just use the half black tip and work the milk myself.

Then I thought to myself is there another machines wand that could be retrofitted to this machine direct?* I have found a breville 800ES wand for $13 but before I experiment and buy something likely way to big to be retro fitted to the VV, has anyone tried this yet?

When my machine cools down Ill take the wand off and get some rough measurements.* If anyone is kind enough to measure there respective machines wands then I might find a far better solution to the never ending complaints about the steam from a VV!* and make myself a whole lot happier in the process :P* and the mrs allot happier if I dont have to upgrade to something outlandishly out of my current price range* ;D

Re: Saeco VV Steam Wand Replacement

What you have found is quite normal. Its a turbo assist to help people buying presumably their first pump driven espresso machine and who dont know how to froth milk, to froth milk, without having any technique or expertise to rely on. Stick it in the milk, and make.....froth / soap suds.

In so far as modifying so the operator can develop their own technique and get a better quality of texture in the milk foam, you need only purchase the previous version "panarello" (thats what they are called...literally means "frother" or "frothie"). Slip the outer (turbo) tube off this panarello. This leaves a long inner pipe to use as a simple steam pipe (unlike the panarello assembly that comes with the machine that only has a short unusable inner stub).

Unscrew the pinch nut on the current panarello & slip it off the metal steam pipe, and replace it with the new one (ie the one you buy), screw up the pinch nut and whalla, problem solved. Use it without ever slipping the outer turbo tube back on.

Should have one of these in stock, and if you want to investigate just email contact@cosmorexcoffee.com.au and ask for spare parts and service section.

Rgdz,
    Attilio.

I have found an alternative, but I would like to get a whole new steam wand if possible.

Quote Originally Posted by 4A7E697F64534F636A6A69690C0 link=1327283511/1#1 date=1327286407
    Should have one of these in stock, and if you want to investigate just email contact@cosmorexcoffee.com.au and ask for spare parts and service section.

Rgdz,
    Attilio.*
    Thanks mate, I think Ill send an email in a few days if no one has another steam arm that would fit.
    The only reason Im searching down this avenue is purely for aesthetics (usability is a give me on this one)
    I dont find the VV the most attractive at least not in comparison to a e61 group head machine.