Thread: Breville Cafe Roma ESP8C - No Pressure

Breville Cafe Roma ESP8C - No Pressure

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Hi all,

My up to now reliable Cafe Roma has given up on me.

There seems to be no (or very negligible) pressure coming out from either the portafilter or the frother.

What could be the cause? Ive had the machine for maybe 12-18 months.

Im happy to buy a new one, but just want to double check its not an easy fix.

Kevin

Re: Breville Cafe Roma ESP8C - No Pressure

When you turn the switch on to brew, does the pump sound normal? Does it run at all.

If you are looking for a more accurate diagnoses online you need to supply more info.

A refurb in the States is about $175. For a thermoblock machine with crema enhancing portafilter, that is not much less than what it would be worth new. Depending on the problem, if it only lasted 1 to 1 years, why would you want another one of the same model? Might it be time to step up?

Quote Originally Posted by 546768627F594128060 link=1334070170/1#1 date=1334075391
    When you turn the switch on to brew, does the pump sound normal? Does it run at all.

If you are looking for a more accurate diagnoses online you need to supply more info.

A refurb in the States is about $175. For a thermoblock machine with crema enhancing portafilter, that is not much less than what it would be worth new.* Depending on the problem, if it only lasted 1 to 1 years, why would you want another one of the same model? Might it be time to step up?

There is no sound or maybe a very tiny hardly noticeable bit if you put your ear up close.* No flow at all.

Stepping up is definitely a consideration.*

So does it seem like when you switch across to flow the water, nothing happens ?

I had a similar issue when i had mine and it was because the switch became corrided.

All the milk and steam got up into the points where the switch contacts in the back, so i got some inox and spreyed it in, worked it in a bit and BAM.

Worked again.

Next step is to decide if the pump is getting current (bad switch possibly), or if the pump is actually bad.. That will take some electrical knowledge and a test meter.

Quote Originally Posted by 7A46475C5A4B4B401F1D2E0 link=1334070170/3#3 date=1334104162
    So does it seem like when you switch across to flow the water, nothing happens ?
    It switches over, but no pressure.

Quote Originally Posted by 7C4F404A577169002E0 link=1334070170/4#4 date=1334113449
    Next step is to decide if the pump is getting current (bad switch possibly), or if the pump is actually bad.. That will take some electrical knowledge and a test meter.
    Looks like its going to be more trouble than what its worth then.