Thread: leaking steam wand - saeco magic cappuccino plus -[SOLVED]

leaking steam wand - saeco magic cappuccino plus -[SOLVED]

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Hi
    I was wanting to share a simple fix, but found its already covered here:
    search in this site for: saeco via venezia leaking

Just to summarise, if the steam knob fails to turn off the steam, it could be due to the plastic cam unit having slipped on the brass steam shaft. You need to reposition the plastic cam unit and tighten the grub screw with an allen key. Follow the directions on the above post.

Our unit is a saeco magic cappuccino plus, getting towards 10 years old. Its discontinued now.

I pulled mine apart; if the above doesn't work I might try ordering parts from 'partsguru' ...eg Google: partsguru bsvk4

CD

HI
    An update on this
    The simplest way to permanently fix it is to remove the internal cam knob that is attached via a screw to the brass shaft. YOu need an alan key to unscrew it. It otherwise just seems to move and require resetting, too often. I will refer to this procedure as a 'camectomy'

Hi
    The o-rings sent to me by parts guru were a tad on the small side, resulting in steam leakage around the side of the brass shaft. I got a $2.50 pack of 'Kinetic' brand assorted o-rings from Bunnings today, and it turned out that the:
    9.6 / 6.0 ie 9.6mm outside diameter / 6.0mm internal diameter rings fitted best.
    An internal diameter of *less than* 6.0 mm would have fitted better, as the fitted o-rings did feel a bit loose but once the shaft with o-rings was inserted into the barrel, the leak stopped and the steam control felt well fitted again!
    Hope this helps someone!

Now that I have fulfilled the required minimum posts, I can post a link for the leaking venezia that I referred to in my initial post:
    http://coffeesnobs.com.au/brewing-eq...o-leaking.html
    Coffe_diva

how to remove top cover?

Thanks for these post. I am trying to figure out how to remove the top cover of the machine. Can the black knob to regulate the steam just be pulled off?

Quote Originally Posted by coffee_diva View Post
    Hi
    The o-rings sent to me by parts guru were a tad on the small side, resulting in steam leakage around the side of the brass shaft. I got a $2.50 pack of 'Kinetic' brand assorted o-rings from Bunnings today, and it turned out that the:
    9.6 / 6.0 ie 9.6mm outside diameter / 6.0mm internal diameter rings fitted best.
    An internal diameter of *less than* 6.0 mm would have fitted better, as the fitted o-rings did feel a bit loose but once the shaft with o-rings was inserted into the barrel, the leak stopped and the steam control felt well fitted again!
    Hope this helps someone!

Now that I have fulfilled the required minimum posts, I can post a link for the leaking venezia that I referred to in my initial post:
    http://coffeesnobs.com.au/brewing-eq...o-leaking.html
    Coffe_diva