Thread: Gaggia Classic Switch Assembly

Gaggia Classic Switch Assembly

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Good Evening Snobs, it is on this day a great tragedy has struck. I knocked over an espresso shot causing it to run down into the front switch bank of my GC and shorting it out. Being an electronics guy, I opened it up and cleaned it out with contact cleaner. I am now left with the switch assembly, 4 springs, 4 contacts and no idea how to put it back together again. Does anyone on here know hoe the contacts are actually secured into the switch panel or have any idea as to how this thing goes back together?

looks like it functions the same way as many motors do with their brushes. the spring itself is the conduction path between the terminals and ensures constant, adequate contacts between the 2 points.

i would imagine the 4 springs go into the 4 holes you can see down the center of the holder then once they are in place, you can compress them and slide the terminals over the top of the springs which then holds the spring in place and ensures good electrical contact.

i think i can see some small grooves either side of the holes in the center, i reckon that's where the terminals would slide into to be held securely. if there's not grooves there, i still think it'd somehow be secured in a similar way to that. if you don't have any luck, take another photo of the holder with either better light or a flash so i can see more detail and might be able to offer a bit more help.

GC main switch

hi Degrees

did u succeed to reassemble it?
    cause mine looks like having the right light lamp blown and I think the switch is not meant to be disassembled. how did do do it ?

thanks,
    Peter

Quote Originally Posted by Degrees View Post
    Good Evening Snobs, it is on this day a great tragedy has struck. I knocked over an espresso shot causing it to run down into the front switch bank of my GC and shorting it out. Being an electronics guy, I opened it up and cleaned it out with contact cleaner. I am now left with the switch assembly, 4 springs, 4 contacts and no idea how to put it back together again. Does anyone on here know hoe the contacts are actually secured into the switch panel or have any idea as to how this thing goes back together?