Thread: Help with a new drip machine

Help with a new drip machine

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Hi all,

I am looking for recommendations on a drip machine that has temperature control and uses a metal filter. A timer would be good as well but optional.

Thanks in advance.

Hi Solo,

If you could give an idea of price that might help. I have a Breville drip filter which cost me next to nothing of someone who didnt want it. I must say there is no temp control nor does the water seem to get very hot. There are some more expensive drip filters on the market. One of the Sponsors on here sell them from there site. coffee roasters Australia. My other thought after owning a few of these over time, i must say i have preffered paper filters over metal filters when it comes to taste. I cant tell you why but its just something about it.
    Kitchenaide have a drip filter machine out now if you look them up

Good luck

Technivorm Moccamaster. Check it out. It's one of the few brewers that is absolutely spot on with temps, to the point where it's approved and endorsed by all kinds of specialty coffee associations. It's pour over/clever dripper style. I think If there was more than one coffee drinker in my house, I'd have one

Quote Originally Posted by JamesM View Post
    Technivorm Moccamaster. Check it out. It's one of the few brewers that is absolutely spot on with temps, to the point where it's approved and endorsed by all kinds of specialty coffee associations. It's pour over/clever dripper style. I think If there was more than one coffee drinker in my house, I'd have one
    I have one of these at home and have to say there built to last and brew consistently every time.

I've read good things about the Brazen Brewer made by Behmor. It has a metal filter and a timer. You can select your temperature, which the reviews state is very accurate. It also has a pre-brew function where it will soak the beans before it brews - to allow for proper 'bloom'.

I know that Andy was looking at getting them in once they released a 240V version. I'm not sure how that is going.

I'm also looking around for a drip filter machine. Let us know which one you end up with.

I tried a cup from the PC7900 from Sunbeam yesterday and boy oh boy was I surprised! Creates a really nice cup with fresh roasted coffee. It's kinda like a mechanical pour-over but without the real precise pouring!

Mike

Hario have recently announced their v60 auto dripper. It's not exactly aesthetically pleasing, but it looks the goods for lazy folk who don't care about the 'craft' in pour over.

Bonavita and Technivorm seem to make brilliant machines with amazingly stable and accurate temps. I would be very interested in comparing the machines, alas availability and cost restricts me.

Unless you are brewing for at LEAST two people, I don't think any auto dripper is really worth the investment. Get a drip kettle (for pour-over) or a clever coffee dripper instead.

* one more thing. I forgot to mention. The Bonavita will fit a chemex with a Kone filter (metal)... would be a very nice combination