Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: where can I BUY a unpressurized basket for em3500?

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    14

    where can I BUY a unpressurized basket for em3500?

    Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Hi guys!

    My name is Thomas, and although I've been drinking home coffee for almost 9 years, still a super noobie..

    I have em3500, and just realized that the reason my pour is so poor with fine grinds on my sunbeam machine is because of the pressurized basket (learnt it the hard way when that little hole on the basket got blocked and couldn't pour any more, so I put my lips around it from the bottom and literally "blew" on it to clear the hole!)

    Can you please tell me where I can get the unpressurized basket for this? can I buy them somewhere? I don't have the machine expertise to do this manually..

    Thank you in advance for any help..

  2. #2
    Senior Member deegee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Brisbane Southside
    Posts
    347
    Quote Originally Posted by youngchul76 View Post
    Can you please tell me where I can get the unpressurized basket for this? can I buy them somewhere? I don't have the machine expertise to do this manually..Thank you in advance for any help..
    Hello Thomas, If you want both single & double baskets, one of the best value buys is the Breville Single Wall Filter Set, part number BSWF100 - $24.95 . Plus about $10 postage. You can phone them on 1300 139 798 . However, they don't like selling to non-Breville owners, so you will have to tell them that you have a Breville 800ES or a BES250.

    You can also buy the same set for about the same price or a little cheaper from an appliance parts seller based in Nowra NSW who have an on-line shop on EvilBay.

    They fit all the smaller Sunbeam machines that take a 51 mm basket.

    Regards, DeeGee.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    14
    Evilbay.. I like that.

  4. #4
    Senior Member C-man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Sunshine Coast, Peregian beach
    Posts
    265
    Actually the Krupps are the better baskets

    just google buy Krupps 51mm single floor basket.

    I can't give you a name or link because of the strict rules here.

  5. #5
    TC
    TC is offline
    .
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    14,665
    Quote Originally Posted by C-man View Post
    Actually the Krupps are the better baskets

    just google buy Krupps 51mm single floor basket.

    I can't give you a name or link because of the strict rules here.
    You can link to Pullman's Things Coffee site- a CS sponsor- Things Coffee | Pullman Tamper, Coffee Tamper, VST Filter Basket, VST Refractometer, Hottop, Coffee Roaster, KN-8828B-2

  6. #6
    Senior Member CafeLotta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Melbourne, Vic, Aust.
    Posts
    1,045
    Quote Originally Posted by youngchul76 View Post
    Hi guys!

    My name is Thomas, and although I've been drinking home coffee for almost 9 years, still a super noobie..

    I have em3500, and just realized that the reason my pour is so poor with fine grinds on my sunbeam machine is because of the pressurized basket (learnt it the hard way when that little hole on the basket got blocked and couldn't pour any more, so I put my lips around it from the bottom and literally "blew" on it to clear the hole!)

    Can you please tell me where I can get the unpressurized basket for this? can I buy them somewhere? I don't have the machine expertise to do this manually..

    Thank you in advance for any help..
    The Krups basket we had was a loose fit in the Sunbeam 51mm portafilter. It used to fall out when you tapped out the grinds. The 2 cup filter basket from the Breville Single Wall filter set is a good tight fit. The Breville part no. for the filter set is BSWF100. If ordering from a Breville parts centre you must say you own a Breville 800ES coffee machine or they won't supply them. Evilbay usually has the BSWF100 set listed for around $33 delivered.

  7. #7
    Senior Member C-man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Sunshine Coast, Peregian beach
    Posts
    265
    Quote Originally Posted by CafeLotta View Post
    The Krups basket we had was a loose fit in the Sunbeam 51mm portafilter. It used to fall out when you tapped out the grinds. The 2 cup filter basket from the Breville Single Wall filter set is a good tight fit. The Breville part no. for the filter set is BSWF100. If ordering from a Breville parts centre you must say you own a Breville 800ES coffee machine or they won't supply them. Evilbay usually has the BSWF100 set listed for around $33 delivered.
    interesting, is the shot from the Breville as good as the Krupps? and do they hold the same amount?
    Cheers!
    C-

  8. #8
    Senior Member CafeLotta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Melbourne, Vic, Aust.
    Posts
    1,045
    Quote Originally Posted by C-man View Post
    interesting, is the shot from the Breville as good as the Krupps? and do they hold the same amount?
    Cheers!
    C-
    From memory the Breville 2 cup single wall filter holds more than the Krups.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Launceston
    Posts
    130
    In my previous machine, a Breville 800ES, I bought both the Breville single and double shot single walled baskets and Krups double shot single wall basket. I found the pour always much better with the Krups basket. The spring within the portafilter for both the Breville and Sunbeam can be removed and adjusted or replaced to improve the tension which the basket is held in place.

    I had my 800ES paired with the Brecille Smartgrinder but found the 800ES, for me at least, gave inconsistent results.
    The same grinder is now paired with a Sunbeam EM6910 which I have found to be a far superior machine.

  10. #10
    Senior Member C-man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Sunshine Coast, Peregian beach
    Posts
    265
    I have heard this before too, that is why I recommended the Krupps

    I have never tried the Brevel baskets but have been very happy with the Krupps one, I think they have a different hole configuration.



Similar Threads

  1. sunbeam em5900 - unpressurized basket
    By wdrummond in forum Brewing Equipment - Entry level (sub $500)
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 23rd December 2012, 12:47 PM
  2. de-pressurized em3500 basket!
    By ddthiel in forum Brewing Equipment - Entry level (sub $500)
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 12th February 2012, 12:20 PM
  3. Unpressurized basket for Ikon BES400 in New Zealand?
    By fraseyboy in forum Brewing Equipment - Entry level (sub $500)
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 2nd April 2011, 10:35 PM
  4. Which machine/unpressurized basket combo <$200?
    By scottishrambo in forum Brewing Equipment - Entry level (sub $500)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 26th November 2010, 10:14 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •