Thread: Breville Portafilter Interchangeable?

Breville Portafilter Interchangeable?

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Hi,

I am looking at getting a Breville Cafe Roma machine (I am only new to roasting and the art of coffee making). It is second hand and doesn't have a portafilter.

Are you able to use any other breville portafilter for this machine or are these machine specific items?

I'd prefer not to spend too much until I am a little more experienced. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers Ronnie

Any portafilter from the Breville Cafe series (models designated with ESP or BES, up to the BES820 as the 840/60 and 900 use different sizes) will work. If you can, try and get a handle from a BES800 or 820 as they have a much nicer feel and are heavier than those that come with the ESP machines.

New portafilters are expensive, around $40 for the ESP portafilters and $80-100 for the BES portafilters. That may not sound like much, but comparative to the cost of the machines themselves it is a lot. It would be worth shopping around either for someone selling a portafilter second hand at a reasonable cost or for another machine that comes with a portafilter and baskets. For a Cafe Roma and models similar to it, second hand they're only like $50-100, or so I've found on gumtree and ebay.

Awesome. Thanks Noidle22 that is a great help. I'll get to searching