Thread: Sunbeam 6200 filter size and non-pressurised filter

Sunbeam 6200 filter size and non-pressurised filter

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Hi All,
    Been looking at the Sunbeam 6200 and was wondering if anyone knows the filter size? Have looked but all I can find is "domestic" listed. Also, has anyone used one of these with a non-pressurised filter, and if so how was the result? I have been happy with the old faithful EM4800 but her time's ending and I'd love to not use the dual wall filters anymore. Any other views regarding this machine would also be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Hey again,
    Just for anyone who may be curious, was pleasantly surprised to find that this came with single and double filter sets in both single and dual wall forms (pressurised and non-pressurised) inside the retail box. Got this machine today and ran it with the double sized single wall filter coupled with the sunbeam 440 grinder and if by luck, fluke or divine intervention, it pulled a beautiful shot first up. Thick, syrupy and read towards the upper end of optimum on the meter.

Nice the 6200 comes with single wall filters now. The previous 5900 really shone with single wall filters, but you had to obtain them separately.

To answer the original question I believe the size is 51mm. However I have a 51mm tamper and there is some wiggle room. Could probably use 51.5mm tamper (if you can find one) or maybe even 52mm??