Thread: Saeco Intelia

Saeco Intelia

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    I was thinking of buying a Saeco Intellia but one of the challenges is it is cappucinatorre nozzle. I want to manually froth my milk and if I swap the steam nozzle for a pannarello will this work?

As long as you can manually control the steam output, it should work. What it will not do is let you produce perfect microfoam for lattes, because you can not control how much air comes into your milk with pannarello.

Koloks
    Just read your post,I have a reasonable collection of espresso machines and several use the pannarello however,my use is always with the removable sleeve off so you can see the red/green o ring.
    Always works fine for my frothing,I don't understand why people say "have to get a Silvia wand".
    No one ever complains about the froth my machines produce,tiny little bubbles ......micro froth ,it's all the same to me.
    Pannarello frothing nozzles work well for me ,easy to remove or clean,insulates from the hot steam tube too.
    Cheers
    Mick
    Last edited by mulquemi; 10th September 2014 at 10:51 PM. Reason: Typo

Koloks,
    Recently acquired three Saeco auto espresso makers ,2/giro's & one incanto rondo.All were is bad shape however,have two running nicely now,all come fitted with cappucinatorre nozzle and work better if the sleeve is removed (in my opinion).
    Giro's come fitted with a longer steam arm that have very limited movement,I've got a spare steam arm from a sunbeam em6910 that I intend replacing it with,much easier to use and so adaptable.
    Hopefully you've been able to come to terms with your set up by now.
    Cheers
    Mick