Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By mulquemi

Thread: Gaggia Carezza part supplier

Gaggia Carezza part supplier

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Hi there good snobs just wanted some info from the cognoscenti on a recent purchase. I managed to pick up a Gaggia Carezza and Saeco Mac1 grinder for $60 which seemed a decent price. The chap demonstrating it didn't know a great deal about it (auction job lot) but I noticed a moderate amount of water dripping from the brewing head during and after use. Found a gasket kit online which could cure some its ills but appreciate that the valve in the centre probably needs replacing additionally etc etc. It came with all its bits and pieces including the Perfect Crema disc but unfortunately not the "peg" as the Parts.guru describes it. I may invest in the Perect Crema 2-cup filter basket they sell which has superseded it but am tossing up whether do do that or just buy a pack of 3 of the "pegs".
    Anyway long story short, I've been attempting track down a local Oz supplier of these parts but my on-line trawling hasn't thrown up many leads, I would rather buy locally rather than a US or european-based supplier if that is possible both out of patriotism but to get around the extortionate postage. Has anyone else got one of these machines and if so where do you source parts?

I use coffeeparts.com.au and believe their service is both prompt and good value (IMHO).
    Cheers
    mick
    Last edited by mulquemi; 15th August 2014 at 08:17 PM. Reason: typo

Tried espressoparts yet????

Quote Originally Posted by mulquemi View Post
    I use coffeeparts.com.au and believe their service is both prompt and good value (IMHO).
    Cheers
    mick
    Hey thanks for replying Mick, I was beginning to wonder whether I had forgotten to use deodorant this morning! I've emailed coffeeparts but have yet to receive a reply (it was only very recently). It's always good to have a personal recommendation...

Not yet Ray but will certainly check them out now that I have a lead to follow.

Well it's been a considerable amount of time and still no response whatsoever from coffeeparts.com.au even after a follow-up email, they obviously don't want my business...

TC
    Quote Originally Posted by Porkchop View Post
    Well it's been a considerable amount of time and still no response whatsoever from coffeeparts.com.au even after a follow-up email, they obviously don't want my business...
    Sometime it's easier for both parties to pick up the phone and speak with somebody. I'd hate to imagine how many emails they receive each day.

As they don't sell machines in that price range, I'd suspect they may be unable to assist as their range of Gaggia parts is very limited. Maybe they just don't know? Nevertheless, a little effort will resolve it one way or another.

Porkchop,
    Put a WTB request out,I did and got exactly what I needed which was ,in my case, a pod suitable filter basket and the little peg thingy all for $30.00 posted.
    Most CS members have the sets for pods and never use them, you have to ask and I'm sure someone will oblige.
    Cheers
    Mick
    GreenBeanGenii likes this.