Thread: Saeco Via Venezia - Shower Screen

Saeco Via Venezia - Shower Screen

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    So I'm finally getting some ok to decent shots out of my Saeco VV. Then the shower screen has just fallen off into the PF the other morning. I did a search but haven't been overtightening etc but seems a lot like this thread:

http://coffeesnobs.com.au/brewing-eq...ed-thread.html

However when the shower screen is off, and i just put the screw into the brew head, it secures in fine.

1. Does the 'part 45/44/42' *attached diagram, not sure which* need replacement?
    2. is the group head seal just old and not compressing well enough and needs a replacement? (I've had it for a few years and not replaced it, looks alright, no cracks/leaks during extraction previously)
    3. Does just the screw need replacement, however, looks ok
    4. is it the shower screen being too deep/other issue and needs a replacement? is descaled/clean and looks ok

As the old thread the 'replacement part suggestion' + pdf/jpg is not linking correctly, if attached a pic.
    Can reply with pictures if that helps
    Any sponsor suppliers of these parts or only manufacturer?

Thanks
    Luke

*If diagram breaks sponsor rules, i'll happily take it down*
    Attached Images Attached Images

I realise this is an old thread, but did you solve this problem- we have the same problem ( I believe we lost the spring and or the mushroom valve as we didn't realise these were part of the machine? Did you need to replace the thread, spring and valve or just the spring?

any help is much appreciated!

Cara

Quote Originally Posted by themagicstorybag View Post
    I realise this is an old thread, but did you solve this problem- we have the same problem ( I believe we lost the spring and or the mushroom valve as we didn't realise these were part of the machine? Did you need to replace the thread, spring and valve or just the spring?

any help is much appreciated!

Cara
    You can get repair kits on ebay for VV which includes a new seal which should be replaced every few months depending on your use plus the rubber seal and spring valve. Also check out some of the VV videos on YouTube .