Thread: Breville BES400 Ikon - non pressurised basket question

Breville BES400 Ikon - non pressurised basket question

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Need help confirming the correct non-pressurised filter basket for a Breville Ikon BES400... which is close to being replaced unless I can improve the resulting brew. I have an OK grinder( Breville Smart with shims(. What I've found is that when I grind coffee very fine the machine can't handle it..... which led me to the non-pressurised basket solution. My question is which basket, I'm confused between three:

• Krups 51mm basket
    • BSWF100 basket set from Breville - looks correct but Breville tell me it is not compatible
    • BES200/96.2 - The single wall basket advised by Breville, which strangely doesn't get a mention in forums

About to buy one, but not sure which. Hoping someone can confirm the correct/best option.

Thanks

Answered my own question, took my basket to a Breville service centre. The BSWF100 filter is the one/pack that fits all but a couple of Breville coffee machines.... coffee quality is much better than with the pressurised basket.

Quote Originally Posted by eeney View Post
    Answered my own question, took my basket to a Breville service centre. The BSWF100 filter is the one/pack that fits all but a couple of Breville coffee machines.... coffee quality is much better than with the pressurised basket.
    I never believed in the Breville service centres - I've been using an ESP4 part for years and works wonders with the Ikon.
    There's an old thread lying around here somewhere with distribution centres..

Rbn
    To the OP, you are so right, much better coffee with the single walled filter, BSWF100.
    Just sourced them for my EM4800c, which we have in our campervan, much better, even with the BCG450 (modified) grinder.
    Now for a naked P/F and VST basket so I can see what is going on.

Rbn