Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By AlexG

Thread: Small Machine - Espresso Only

Small Machine - Espresso Only

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    I'm looking to replace my old Breville coffee machine but I can't find anything that fits my requirements. I've been using this with a single wall basket and decent grinder for about 7 years. I don't mind the effort to make a coffee, I'm considering buying a home roaster.

I'm looking for something with a small (as possible) footprint to reclaim some of my bench space. I do not need steam, I only make one espresso at a time for myself. I'd contemplate going over $500.

I've been looking at the Bacchi but I have an induction cooktop, I'm also interested in the Electro Leva machines, but they take 12 minutes to heat up, plus the size is bigger than I realised (and probably out of my price range).

This Delonghi Dedica is an ideal size (15cm wide) but not sure about the coffee quality

Looking forward to some ideas, there must be some small quality espresso only machines out there.
    Last edited by eeney; 20th December 2015 at 07:50 AM.

Interesting machine, I would however like smaller. Considering I only drink espresso and probably no more than one double shot at a time I'm convinced there must a tiny machine out there that can deliver quality shots.

I'm now looking at the Lelit PL41LEM, or even 'The Little Guy', interested to know if the Little Guy makes strong smooth espresso, this option would totally free-up bench space.

Have you looked at these?
    2nd hand la Pavoni? Great fun lever . Great shots.
    Silvia - popular . Good quality
    gaggia classic . I've got one of these. You can get great coffee out of it.
    gaggia baby. Very much same as classic I believe . But very small. Cute.

TC
    Here's your solution eeney. Dimensions: 19 x 27 x 34 (w x d x h). The only gotcha is that you may need to revise your budget slightly

Olympia Cremina | Talk Coffee

Olympia Cremina | Talk Coffee[/QUOTE]

Prefect in every way except I cannot consider that kind of budget revision.

Second hand Leva it's an interesting idea.

Senior Member Barry O'Speedwagon's Avatar
    You can (apparently) get an adapter plate that allows you to use the Bacchi on an induction stove top (not tried to do this myself). The Bacchi is a superb machine for espresso.

look at that one, it is smaller and the price.....?
    Ponte Vecchio Stainless Steel Export Espresso Machine

Getting more and more interested in the manual option.... the Electra looks the best (wife acceptance factor), the Pavoni seems most affordable, and the Vecchio the smallest footprint.

Bacchia is still interesting but induction adapter disks are not an option I like.

Thanks guys, I'm getting some great ideas.

The Ponte Vecchi Export (not Lusso) has a tiny footprint. Also the Elektra Micro Casa a Leva (another Spring lever) is tiny.

Plus both have the benefit of no vibe pump = no noise!

Sniff

Hi,

Eeney.

We deal with both the La Pavoni and Elektra levers. Personally I prefer the Pavoni as you have a little bit more hands on feel with the lever. The Elektra though does have a bit more presence.

Drop us a line if you want to chat about them

Casa Espresso
    (03) 9530 8992

Quote Originally Posted by Casa Espresso View Post
    Hi,

Eeney.

We deal with both the La Pavoni and Elektra levers. Personally I prefer the Pavoni as you have a little bit more hands on feel with the lever. The Elektra though does have a bit more presence.

Drop us a line if you want to chat about them

Casa Espresso
    (03) 9530 8992
    Yep, all personal preference. I still miss my Electra (divorce casualty, no kids so my coffee makers were the next weapon). Less prone to sneezes than the La Pav lever (at least mine was). Both make brilliant coffee.

Enjoy your cuppa

TampIt
    PS: I still have a 2 group La Pav here, luckily I left some stuff in Oz...

Whilst not a manual machine, I still miss my small VBM Piccolo single boiler machine.
    Once scace balanced, this E61 machine was a very consistent short black monster.
    In some ways given I only drink espresso, my "upgrade" to the VBM Junior was anything but that and I prefer the shots I made on the Piccolo.
    The Piccolo seem to sell second hand anywhere from $500 up and I highly recommend them, particularly if you only have a small counter space available.
    Cheers
    Alex
    TC likes this.

look at Gaggia clasic .