• 6 Post By Andy
  • 3 Post By TC
  • 1 Post By Andy
  • 1 Post By kbc

Thread: Behmor Brazen Plus - Product Innovation Award - People's Choice Winner

Blog Entries

Cool Behmor Brazen Plus - Product Innovation Award - People's Choice Winner

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Just in case you didn't hear us celebrating at the Melbourne International Coffee Expo (MICE)...

The Behmor Brazen Plus was the People's Choice WINNER in the inaugural Product Innovation Awards.

Behmor_Brazen_Plus_Peoples_Choice_Award.jpg

Above is a picture from our stand of the Brazen brewer and the inventor Joseph Behm (looking comfortably smug at yet another award for a great product). It's a long way for him to travel for a few days at an expo but we all appreciate hearing the "goss" from the man in charge.

I should also note:
    The beans all over the bench in that shot were roasted in the Behmor 1600 Plus during the show. I was using the PNG Mt Ambra and roaster settings of: [200] [P1] [Start] then at first crack [P2] [C]. Manual press of [Cooling] just before 2nd crack and dozens of roasts each day all came out great.

All in all it was a great show and made even better to come home with the big award.

Thanks to all the CoffeeSnobs members that swung by to say g'day, had a sip from the brews and then voted for the Brazen.

Looking forward to the next time I'm allowed out the Snobbery.
    artman, coffeechris, Dimal and 3 others like this.

well done. wish i could have got down to melbourne. would have been awesome weekend

TC
    Congrats Andy and Joe,

No matter how little I do, I cannot make anything other than stunning coffee with the Brazen.

We used 2 all day Saturday at a fete fundraiser. We created a blend and roasted 20kg of it at the shed, had it roasting on site for people to see and had it on taste for those interested.

Sold a heap and raised $$$ for the school. The Brazen put the wow factor into the cup.
    Andy, Dimal and matth3wh like this.

Blog Entries
    Great to hear, I was hoping the fundraiser went well.
    You obviously nailed the roast too.

We did something similar recently and the reactions of those that tried it were mostly shocked (as they expected nasty drip coffee) or astonishment that a non-espresso coffee could be so good.

You know you are on the right track when you get zero half cups.
    TC likes this.

kbc
    Congrats. What an amazing but of kit that is. I love it. Looks like lots of others do as well
    Andy likes this.