Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Gavisconi007
  • 1 Post By stephen28

Thread: How much should I sell this for?

Question How much should I sell this for?

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Hi

Selling my Quaha Napoletana Series II (like the LeLit PL042QE) plus accessories. Everything working great. The base under water tank has rusted but you can't see it unless you remove all the trays and water tank. Doesn't affect operation at all. It has brass boiler and solid brass portafilter, 15 bar, 3 way valve, solid metal construction, built in burr grinder, and steam wand, 3 lt water tank. It has the 1 cup and 2 cup filter. It would have to be about ten years old but because it's built solid and by great company, it is still going great.

Any ideas what a realistic price would be to ask for such a machine? Would appreciate your valued opinion since you guys are the experts.

Thanks

Probably not much, its an old machine and I suspect the rust would put most people off.

Ok, thanks. As said the rust is underneath and you can't see it.

Need some photos mate

So you'd need to see photos of the rust to get an idea of what I should list this at? Is that what you mean?

This is starting to be reminiscent of the white chocolate powder thread
    Vinitasse likes this.

I think you should sell it for $20 and let me know when it can be picked up...........

have a look through the sold section to get an idea of previous sales. i would guess approx $200-400 condition dependent?

cheers

It's all good. I found some old listings in the for sale section for same machine so I'll use them as my guide for advertising it. Thanks for help.

I had a laugh. Thanks Artman. I obviously did that as you listed your advice all at the same time! I had a laugh. Great minds hey? Thanks again

If it turns out it's not worth a great deal I would keep it as a back up or take on holiday machine rather than being brutally crunched. Better still take it to work and use it there. You'll probably make better coffee than the cafe down the street that charges 4 bucks a pop. Good luck with the sale or otherwise.
    Dimal likes this.