Thread: Just about to dump my Nespresso compatible machine

Just about to dump my Nespresso compatible machine

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    My missus and I go for trips into the country 3-4 times a year and it is near impossible to get a coffee early in the morning and to get anything decent is a big ask. I had a small machine that I ground coffee for before going but she was horrified at the noise it made and the possiblity of waking other patrons. "Can't we get a pod machine?" and off I went. Bought a Kogan nespresso compatible machine and although she was horrified by the noise of the old one, she cannot drink what I am offering up on the pod machine.

Tried:
    Coffee capsule delights.
    L'oR from wollies - worse thing I have ever tasted.
    Sundry other pods from Coles and Wollies.

Any pods out there that taste anything like coffee? At the moment any decent instant tastes better than this stuff.

Just about to dump my Nespresso compatible machine

I use these when I travel. I have a HX machine at home but get a better coffee from these than any Nespresso machine in hotels. However, I haven't seen them for sale in Australia except this link and those are passed use by date.

http://www.illyaustralia.com.au/coff...&SID=395506125

I first discovered these filter coffee packs in Japan. I have now found them for sale in Hong Kong so pick some up everytime we visit. These are the ones I first discovered in Japan -

https://youtu.be/p0p5ukFlhlc
    Last edited by Gratulin; 16th September 2016 at 12:47 PM.

Oops. The only ones for sale on that link have a used by date if 1/2016! So both pre ground and out of date!

Yes, I realise but wanted to show the product. But if you can get them fresh then they are good. Remember we are talking about desperate measures here! ie when hotel/motel coffee is crap and cannot use a grinder. These are much better than pods.

Quote Originally Posted by Gratulin View Post
    Yes, I realise but wanted to show the product. But if you can get them fresh then they are good. Remember we are talking about desperate measures here! ie when hotel/motel coffee is crap and cannot use a grinder. These are much better than pods.
    Desperate indeed. My partner cannot function without a couple of coffee's first thing in the morning. I cannot face coffee until 10am so although it would be handy for me, it is almost life and death for her.

The Illy ones look good and will get some of those. Still I am hoping there is a drinkable coffee from a Nespresso capsule (or compatible) so that I don't have to add it to dump fill...