• 1 Post By Melbroaster
  • 4 Post By mcknightp
  • 1 Post By noonar
  • 1 Post By Dimal
  • 1 Post By artman
  • 2 Post By woodhouse
  • 1 Post By LeroyC
  • 1 Post By matth3wh

Thread: Launching later in 2017 - Breville Precision Brewer Thermal- Brazen Competitor

Launching later in 2017 - Breville Precision Brewer Thermal- Brazen Competitor

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    https://www.cnet.com/au/products/bre...ermal/preview/

Late to the party, but some nice features

Estimated price is too rich given Brazen pricing.

Snobs community will likely yawn and keep walking for the most part

Buyers will probably end up tripping over one at Harvey Norman and buy it for someone as a well intentioned wedding present.

On the other hand if they can sell it for around $180 (unlikely) it may get more interesting....
    matth3wh likes this.

I've been noticing recently that all Breville advertising (and articles like this are picking it up) is going hard at dropping "PID" terminology into everything. Was forced to watch a Breville Oracle/Oracle Touch/Dual Boiler commercial on youtube yesterday, and my take away was PID PID PID.

Interesting. I wonder what the build quality is like?

I've been interested in getting something like this.

Seems like a new competitor to Brazen & Moccamaster?

Don't Breville also have a brewer that will grind beans on demand for you and then brew?

Forgot the PID. Who wants an alarm clock / digital radio in theres?

That grind and brew model was pretty unloved from coffee guys in favour of brazen, moccamaster and even Bonavita (mostly usa)
    matth3wh likes this.

Will these actually launch in Australia though? From what I can tell the youbrew was a flop, eventually going out the door at Myer for $99 and they had stock for a long time at that price

Most likely it will given its an Australian company and big home coffee community here. Will likely be typical of Breville/Sunbeam pricing strategy ie launch at $399 for the ppl that came down in the last shower and find its way down to specials listed on Ozbargain for about $150 a year later....

Quote Originally Posted by matth3wh View Post
    Who wants an alarm clock / digital radio in theres?
    If it had that i would have one on ny bedside table tomorrow

Site Sponsor
    Yes we (Breville) will be launching this brewer here in Australia! It'll be launched as the BDC455 "the Breville Brewers Cup Tribute Edition". The only difference between this model & the "Precision Brewer" launched in the US & Europe, is it comes standard with a "Pour Over" adapter. This adapter will allow you to mount your V60 or Kalita Wave directly under the shower head to brew pour-over. The kit comes complete with a different shower head you can fit when doing pour over that directs the water in a smaller pattern so it's delivered to the coffee not the surrounding paper. In the "MyBrew" setting you can adjust all the variables you'd want to if pouring manually, brew water temp, bloom time & brew water flow rate, so you can dial in your favourite filter coffee. The big difference between the BDC45x brewers and others is, it uses a pump & thermo-coil to control brew water temperature and brew water delivery speed. This system also allows you to adjust the brew water temperature and precise control. You can even make Cold Brew automatically. It'll be on shelves in Australia first week Feb '18. See, I explained the brewer & I didn't even need to use the term PID ;-)))

Cheers, Phil
    Andy, matth3wh, LeroyC and 1 others like this.

Hi Phil.

Thank you for the message and release details. Keep up the good work team Breville.

I’m looking forward to seeing more details on the MilkCloud and whether Angus and Ona/Breville can get this out to the cafe world.

Quote Originally Posted by Melbroaster View Post
    https://www.cnet.com/au/products/bre...ermal/preview/

Late to the party, but some nice features

Estimated price is too rich given Brazen pricing.

Snobs community will likely yawn and keep walking for the most part

Buyers will probably end up tripping over one at Harvey Norman and buy it for someone as a well intentioned wedding present.

On the other hand if they can sell it for around $180 (unlikely) it may get more interesting....

Sorry for reviving an old thread, but this just went on sale for $199!!! Worth a try in my opinion.

Jeepers!! Where are they that price? They’re nearly $500 in NZ.

Quote Originally Posted by LeroyC View Post
    Jeepers!! Where are they that price? They’re nearly $500 in NZ.
    Check out Hardly Normals - $199
    matth3wh likes this.

A quick google reveals a couple of retailers, HN for one...

Mal.

Snap!!
    matth3wh likes this.

There’s only a few places stocking it in NZ and the best price at the moment is $399. I’m keen to try one sometime. By all accounts they’re the best domestic brewer out there by a country mile.

Why would you just pay another $60 and get the Brazen, which is proven and very capable, and comes with great support.

Cheers
    Dimal likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by artman View Post
    Why would you just pay another $60 and get the Brazen, which is proven and very capable, and comes with great support.

Cheers
    normally i’d agree because I love my brazen, but that’s an insane price for the breville. given all its features i’d snap it up in a heartbeat if I didn’t have the behmor.
    Dimal and matth3wh like this.

For the record I’ve never used either this Breville or the Behmor. I did however do some fairly in depth research when looking for a brewer for light commercial use. What I worked out was the the Brazen is a fantastic brewer that is awesome value. There are really only a couple of things that people consider ‘issues’ with it and the Breville takes care of both of these. For daily use when brewing for a group of people or for entertaining or light commercial use the Brazen is great. The Breville is better suited to domestic use and for the real coffee geeks as it can brew with a wider range of variable and can more successfully make a single cup. Like the Brazen it is also getting excellent reviews. I wouldn’t pay $400 for one, but as mentioned above $199 is a steal.
    matth3wh likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by LeroyC View Post
    successfully make a single cup. Like the Brazen it is also getting excellent reviews. I wouldn’t pay $400 for one, but as mentioned above $199 is a steal.
    Agreed. Great price and product.

The Breville Precision has been well used outside the AUS market for specialty coffee.

The larger brew size may suit some small office scenarios. I’m happy with the Brazen at work and bring out the V60 for a single/double cup. In saying that I brewed a 4 cup batch this morning and I’ve been gradually polishing it off across the morning
    LeroyC likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by woodhouse View Post
    normally i’d agree because I love my brazen, but that’s an insane price for the breville. given all its features i’d snap it up in a heartbeat if I didn’t have the behmor.
    I guess it is a $60 saving, at RRP it would be way over priced. I dont have an indepth knowledge on the features of each (i thought the brazen did it all and accurately) but if the behmor support and parts etc are the same for the brazen as they are for the behmor, then its $60 well spent.

Cheers

Launching later in 2017 - Breville Precision Brewer Thermal- Brazen Competitor

Quote Originally Posted by Melbroaster View Post
    Most likely it will given its an Australian company and big home coffee community here. Will likely be typical of Breville/Sunbeam pricing strategy ie launch at $399 for the ppl that came down in the last shower and find its way down to specials listed on Ozbargain for about $150 a year later....

Ok my 2017 prediction wasn’t too far off. Launched around $430 for the gullible, and now around $199 at a few of the usual shops. Brazen is still a better buy and wish I hadn’t sold mine!