Thread: Gaggia Classic - No Overflow

Gaggia Classic - No Overflow

Hi all,

My my first ever post!

I have a Gaggia Classic that has been working perfectly. The steam valve started leaking so I decided to do a complete overhaul as well as replacing the broken valve. The machine is now all back together again and all seems to be working fine. However, I noticed that no water is coming out of the overflow pipe into the drip tray once the brewing button is switched off.

Does this mean the solenoid valve isnít working? Anyone encountered the same problem?

thx all

I’ve done a bit of research and found out that it isn’t overflow, it’s the water that comes out when the machine does a decompression. So it’s definitely related to the solenoid.

Does your solenoid twist around the pipe? Or is the nut supposed to hold it tight?

I have no idea what its like inside but 3way solenoid sounds like match.

Look here too:
    http://coffeesnobs.com.au/brewing-eq...lve-stuck.html

Quote Originally Posted by Jackster View Post
    I have no idea what its like inside but 3way solenoid sounds like match.

Look here too:
    http://coffeesnobs.com.au/brewing-eq...lve-stuck.html

Thx Jackster...Iíll check it out.

Out of curiosity, does anyoneís solanoid valve twist around the pipe? Iíve screwed it down tightly but it can move on a pivot. Could that be the reason why there is now back flow? (Decompression).

How did you go with this? I just picked up one and I have the same issue. All the videos I watch show water coming out through the overflow pipe. There is a bit of water left in the portafilter as well which I assume would normally be expelled through the pipe.