Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By nickm
  • 2 Post By Otago
  • 2 Post By nickm

Thread: Discussion on the Cafelat Robot

Discussion on the Cafelat Robot

Kickstarter page is now up. Based on pricing it seems to be a bit more exxy than the Flair espresso machine. Any thoughts about the two machines? I own the Flair which I love (for Camping) but is a bit finicky/messy with he clean up
    matth3wh likes this.

Discussion on the Cafelat Robot

Quote Originally Posted by nickm View Post
    Kickstarter page is now up. Based on pricing it seems to be a bit more exxy than the Flair espresso machine. Any thoughts
    Have been hanging out for this one.

I like the Flair design but have been waiting for The Robot because: of the pressure gauge, the double spout and multiple basket / dose size options.

If there was no Robot coming I would have purchased the Flair.

Robot with pressure gauge could happily replace home machine if you didnít want milk based drinks.

What are you hoping for over the Flair?

Thank you NickM for the heads up.

Backed Barista Robot Alu...
    Last edited by matth3wh; 15th May 2018 at 10:50 PM.

NickM - I notice Woodhouse mentions in his comment RE: The Flair and then the Robot that "making back-to-back shots a pain...this doesn't seem to solve that problem. so, pass." but I would have thought with a extra cylinder on the Flair that would help with back to back shots, and I'd expect the Robot having a handle would also help with knocking out spent grounds. Just a thought.

Thanks for posting NickM.

I have been waiting for the Robot to eventuate for almost two years now so am pleased to see this milestone arrive. Have just pledged for the basic Robot aluminium and with freight of approx $A68 the all up cost is just over $A330.

This is still cheaper than the general asking price for a Baby Faemina. While it is more than the Flair, in my opinion it is worth it.

I bought a Flair while I waited and have been very impressed with it. If the Robot wasn't in existence I would quite happily stay with the Flair. I was also critical of the cleanup on the Flair but recently found that by upping the dose the left over liquid was eliminated and the puck comes out dry and intact.

I think the Robot will offer a simpler process than the Flair, and maybe a slightly easier cleanup. While the Flair package is great for camping/travel, the Robot does not appear to be much bulkier. The Robot baseplate can be unscrewed to make it more compact for travel.

The aluminium is now going to have an electro polish finish, which is described as not quite anodising but something similar.
    matth3wh and nickm like this.

Yes i bought a second cylinder for the Flair for the back to back shots when I'm camping and it seems to do the trick.

Good call out about the portability. The Flair packs away nicely in a small case
    matth3wh and Otago like this.