Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By coffeechris

Thread: My Em7000 is dead..What next ?

My Em7000 is dead..What next ?

I have been through two Sunbeams in 5 years...EM6910 lasted well 3.5 years and was second hand when i got it..

My refurbished EM7000 was never as good...Steam wand was great and start up time fast but just couldn't get a good shot poor crema etc...Tried many things but just couldn't get a good result unlike me EM6910.

The EM7000 is now dead both pumps have given up after 18 months...Refurb machine...

Looking to replace whats the best bang for $300-$500 machine ?

Thanks in advance

i noticed plenty on gumtree anywhere from $65 up,6910 etc
    i just bought a new 7000 from good guys for 450 odd

I would be keeping a few eyes out for either Silvia second hand or stretch the budget and get a Silvia brand new. Might be something worth while with the end of the financial year coming up.

My sister has the EM7000 and must agree not as good as the old trusty 6910

Chris
    rooeey likes this.

What do you mean both pumps are dead? As far as I know there is only one pump in this particular machine.

I bought mine refurbished and was never great...
    Could only do a single shot so i would do two singles...
    Double shot was messy...Coffee everywhere or no pressure at all...I know this sounds like user error to some but i have been making my own for several years now and tried adjusting everything but it just would not perform...Maybe a dodgy machine...

Move away from Consumer machines to a used ProSumer such as a Bezzera BZ99, Lelit or or even a Silvia...save your berries till you find one with confirmed history and in good nick. Match it too a good grinder Mzzr Mini or above, Fresh Beans, Filtered Water.
    Add in the 1%er's of matched tamper, consistent dosing and barista skills.
    Right there and then you'll lift your home espresso experience to above 8 out of 10 cafe's.
    GL
    EA

Quote Originally Posted by zeezaw View Post
    What do you mean both pumps are dead? As far as I know there is only one pump in this particular machine.
    I see i thought there were two...I only say this as the steam wand began to fail and the water pressure later on..

Quote Originally Posted by EspressoAdventurer View Post
    Move away from Consumer machines to a used ProSumer such as a Bezzera BZ99, Lelit or or even a Silvia...save your berries till you find one with confirmed history and in good nick. Match it too a good grinder Mzzr Mini or above, Fresh Beans, Filtered Water.
    Add in the 1%er's of matched tamper, consistent dosing and barista skills.
    Right there and then you'll lift your home espresso experience to above 8 out of 10 cafe's.
    GL
    EA
    Wise words thank you

I am looking at the Sivia Rancillo V3 close to home for $530.00 second hand...Refurbed by a company called Jet Black Espresso..

Are they easy to self service or is it best to drop it into the pros once a year or so ?

Hi Rooeey, hope you don't mind me butting in, but I literally decided this week to upgrade from my Isomac Zaffiro so am going to sell the Zaffiro. It costs slightly more than the Silvia, but I believe a much better machine (i actually considered the Silvia before deciding on the Isomac). Ive had it serviced at JetBlack originally but now go to Dibartolli in rosebury. PM me if you would like more details. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by poloallen View Post
    Hi Rooeey, hope you don't mind me butting in, but I literally decided this week to upgrade from my Isomac Zaffiro so am going to sell the Zaffiro. It costs slightly more than the Silvia, but I believe a much better machine (i actually considered the Silvia before deciding on the Isomac). Ive had it serviced at JetBlack originally but now go to Dibartolli in rosebury. PM me if you would like more details. Thanks.
    You should seriously consider this one rooeey. If you guys are in the same region pop over and see it in action. A machine like this should serve you well for a long time (until the inevitable upgraditis kicks in).

Inevitable upgraditis, thats too funny arachon! My missus originally only agreed to go for the more expensive Zaffiro cos i convinced her that it would mean I would never have to buy another machine. Didn't count on getting upgraditis!