Thread: Non-pressurized portafilter/Basket for my espresso machine

Non-pressurized portafilter/Basket for my espresso machine

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Hello

I am working with a company that require me to live in one of middle east countries, and unfortunately i couldn't find a decent espresso eachines but this one.. check attached.

It's came with stupid pressurized basket, and the espresso taste (No comment)

The baskets and PF (photos attached), so the question is that, can i install Non- Pressurized basket on this PF ? any advice with brand that fit this? from amazon or somewhere else?

Please advise.

Thank you

Images

https://imgur.com/a/xqEbhTs

Looks like the standard pressurised basket that comes with a number of small Brevilles, Sunbeams and other similar machines. What is the diameter of the inside of the portafilter/outside diameter of the basket (just below the lip)?

Quote Originally Posted by level3ninja View Post
    Looks like the standard pressurised basket that comes with a number of small Brevilles, Sunbeams and other similar machines. What is the diameter of the inside of the portafilter/outside diameter of the basket (just below the lip)?
    Thank you sir for reply

Please check

https://imgur.com/a/SGx8qBX

did it do it right?

Hi Raied, diameter normally relates to the distance across a circle - I think Mr Ninja is looking for the diameter across the portafilter, say 58mm or similar. Vernier calipers would make this simple if you had them.

Hold the ruler across the top of the basket and take a photo. Like this: 20180808_181423.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by 338 View Post
    Hi Raied, diameter normally relates to the distance across a circle - I think Mr Ninja is looking for the diameter across the portafilter, say 58mm or similar. Vernier calipers would make this simple if you had them.
    I don't have Vernier calipers
    Quote Originally Posted by level3ninja View Post
    Hold the ruler across the top of the basket and take a photo. Like this: 20180808_181423.jpg
    Please check

https://imgur.com/a/Uq4KDMW

Nice picture! You have a good sense of humuor. I am thinking Ninja would like the ruler at the widest point rather thany just anywhere on the circle. It will almost certainly be required to be able to read both ends of the ruler rather than have one end in a shadow.

Edit apologies, just saw all your photos, unfortunately none are accurate enough to size your portafilter to the mm, which is the level of accuracy required

Ps Level3ninja impressed you had a portafilter measuring pic available at a moments notice.

Raied I've sent you a PM with some info, let me know if you didn't get it.

Quote Originally Posted by 338 View Post
    Ps level3ninja impressed you had a portafilter measuring pic available at a moments notice.
    I think I just googled "portafilter ruler" and cropped it