Thread: Em6910 cracked solenoid liner

Em6910 cracked solenoid liner

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Hey guys, like to say hello and introduce myself as Dan. This is my first post.
    Gonna kick off with a short story long. Bought myself a cheap 6910 with a failed steam wand. Opened up and diagnosed power to steam pump, just lack of pump. Replaced pump, checked board all seemed well. Ran for 10min, you beauty. Haha, noticed water on bench in middle, opened up. Bloody solenoid valve brass liner completely broken in half. Not sure if board fail now as water was on it. Bit reserved in paying 120 for new solenoid in case more problems. Any suitable substitutes or second hand ones maybe? Help muchly appreciated.

The first 6910 I ever bought was new and still strong 8 years later in the hands of the ex wife dammit. Really like to get this one running or cut losses and save for a silvia. Got a mini barista at Xmas, and not bad at all, but just not the same.

Hi Dan

Sorry to hear about your run of bad luck.

Have a couple of questions-

solenoid valve brass liner completely broken in half
    I guess you are referring to the "3 way valve"?

Is the associated coil still OK?

Where are you?

If no-one on the Forum who is nearby has any suitable spares I would suggest you keep an eye on Gumtree for a non-working 6910 cheap for parts. They can often be had for $30 or less with "steam not working".

Trev

hi mate, yeh the 3 way valve. coil was a bit distorted too ,so juat spoke with noidle22 and he hooked me up with a replacement. great advice and great service, big shout out thanks to him.. and also jackster for the offer too.
    this was a fb $50 steam not working machine funny enough. but fingers crossed it breathes new life soon. thanks guys.