Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By level3ninja
  • 1 Post By level3ninja

Thread: Noisey Sunbeam Em6910

Unhappy Noisey Sunbeam Em6910

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    G'day boys and girls,
    I'm a virgin here so please be gentle. I picked up a 2nd hand machine and all was well for 2 cups. We came back from lunch and it was making a god awful noise. I had to turn it off at the power point. Now every time you turn on power (at the wall not the machine) the noise starts up and doesn't stop. After a little investigation I have worked out it is the solenoid valve that is making the noise. if I disconnect the brown wire the noise stops. Looking at the back of the PC board there is a darkish mark. Not sure if it means anything or not. Any help would be appreciated. I have pics but unsure how to post here

The solenoid should not be energised when the machine is not in use. The burn mark likely indicates a problem with the control circuit being always on, there may also be an issue with the solenoid coil (chicken-egg?)
    Jackster likes this.

So would I be right in assuming that I would need a new control board and possibly solenoid??

Control board most likely, solenoid coil possibly (black square part the wires connect to), and solenoid body possibly (metal part the water goes through)
    Jackster likes this.