Thread: Replacement for old 800ES

Replacement for old 800ES

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    hi
    I have an old Breville 800ES (15 years or more) that I was given by my sister when she moved back to the USA

It's getting a bit temperamental - leaking from drain tube missing the drip tray, randomly jumping from steam to hot water - and pressure seems a bit low, or probs needs a descale.

Otherwise it still makes great coffee (using a conical burr grinder) for my family of 4 plus adults; 4-10 cups a day

What machines should I looking at so that I'm not going backwards? A little reading here suggests Sunbeam 6910 and Brevilles 810 and 840 but guess there are others?

Thanks

The Breville Bes870 does the job for me, 5 cups a day. Low cost combination, fits on the kitchen bench. I would have to convince the wife to get rid of the second microwave oven to fit separate machines.

Unlikely to last 15 years, must have made them better back then, so extended warranty essential in my experience.

Still only an appliance level machine but quality fresh roasted beans makes up for that.

You are experienced so it will be interesting to see what you get.

GOOD LUCK

800es was my first machine. $30 with a intermittent no brew fault. Traced it to a cracked track on the main board, repaired and away it went.
    Great little machine!
    A saw Goodguys ran out the last few new 6910s..

Watching to see what you decide.

Quote Originally Posted by WarrenK View Post
    The Breville Bes870 does the job for me, 5 cups a day. Low cost combination, fits on the kitchen bench. I would have to convince the wife to get rid of the second microwave oven to fit separate machines.

Unlikely to last 15 years, must have made them better back then, so extended warranty essential in my experience.

Still only an appliance level machine but quality fresh roasted beans makes up for that.

You are experienced so it will be interesting to see what you get.

GOOD LUCK
    Thanks for your suggestions. The 870 doesn't really do it for me with integrated grinder as happy with the one I have. Think the EM7000 - thermoblock is the one