Thread: Sunbeam EM4300 VST or similar basket that will fit portafilter

Sunbeam EM4300 VST or similar basket that will fit portafilter

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Hi, First post as have just recently moved to Tauranga from Scotland. I had a nice espresso set up back in the UK and sorely missing it, so picked a Sunbeam EM4300 Mini Barista at the weekend. For the cost, I'm pretty pleased as had set my expectations pretty low.

I'm wanting to get a proper basket ASAP to get away from the horrible pressurised one that it comes with. The coffee shop I have been going to kindly lent me a LM 14g to try which I think are pretty similar to the VST. It just won't seat properly in the portafilter handle. The pressurised basket that it came with has a much shallower roll and drops down flush against the top of the portafilter, whereas the LM basket sits on top as has the standard roll which is the same as all baskets I have used before.

Are there any other options for double non pressurised baskets for this machine or am I just going to have to get the double basket from Sunbeam?

I have a hand grinder and am using fresh beans (seriously impressed with Ozone, Flight and C4 so far).

All the best

Patrick

Sunbeam EM4300 VST or similar basket that will fit portafilter

You could try an IMS or Pullman basket. The EM4300 portafilter is slightly different to previous Sunbeam 58mm portafilters so I canít say for sure sorry. You might find the Sunbeam one is the only one that fits properly unfortunately. IMS baskets are readily available online both locally or from reputable Australian sellers. The best option for Sunbeam parts in NZ is LTC Electrical in Wellington. The other options are Need-A-Part, Ewing Electrical in Australia or eBay Australia. Hope this helps. And welcome to paradise.

I used to have that machine. The only thing I found that fit was the Sunbeam single wall filters which I bought on ebay. A friend lent me his VST baskets and they defintely did not fit.

I think I have some Sunbeam single/double size single walled baskets at home, they were from a Sunbeam 6910.

Happy to send over for a cup of coffee($5) plus post if they are going to help you out.

Hi All, thanks very much for the input. Sounds like I'm going to be stuck with the Sunbeam baskets, although certainly not the end of the world.

Ben, that's a very kind offer, I will send you a PM later to get that sorted.

Patrick

Pat did you end up trying the Sunbeam unpressurised baskets? Did they fit?

Hi, yes I had to get the sunbeam double basket, fits just fine. Ordered it from Needapart

Hope you get something sorted