Thread: Steamwand not functioning properly (Cafe Crema)

Steamwand not functioning properly (Cafe Crema)

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Hi Guys this is my first post so im not quite sure if this is in the right forum but here we go.
    About 3 months ago i bought a Sunbeam Cafe Crema espresso machine (my first coffee machine)
    And all has been going well ive been getting better at using it etc etc yesterday i decided it was probably time to descale the machine so i got some solution for it and whipped out the manual and went about descaling it.

On my first use this morning ive noticed that the steam wand is not working correctly (there is equal or more steam coming from the bolt at the top of the arm.
    Now i realize ive read the manual wrong and done the wrong thing i have pulled the steam wand off the unit to clean it and now ive put it back in there does not seem to be a good enough seal.

My question is: Does the top of the steam wand have a rubber seal? I am afraid maybe i have missed some parts when putting it back together in which case it has gone down the sink :(
    Otherwise is there another way to make this seal short of doing it up really tight ( I dont want to strip or stretch the thread on the bolt)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
    ppsnake

Re: Steamwand not functioning properly (Cafe Crema

Mine too.
    When you pull steam wand off, there should be 2 o rings on the brass piece the wand attaches to. One above the hole, one below the hole( this one fell off when i took the wand off).
    Mark

I thought this must be the case but it looks like its gone for ever down the sink or something.
    Is there any where which would sell very tiny parts like this for sunbeam machines?

Try sunbeam repair shop. Or would be quicker to take the other o ring to your local bearing or hydraulic service centre and get another one, unless uou live near a repair shop.