Thread: Finding non-pressurised basket for Breville Ikon

Finding non-pressurised basket for Breville Ikon

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    I have been trying to find an non-pressurised filter basket for my Breville Ikon (BES400) for some time now unsuccessfully. I have followed your tips and many people recommend the Krups baskets except I have called many places in Perth and noone can seems to have them.

Does anyone know a place in Perth that sells non-pressurised filter baskets for the Ikon, Krups brand or otherwise? Model numbers would also be a help.

Cheers! ;)

nBC

Re: Finding non-pressurised basket for Breville Ik

Cant help with locations in perth. But if you use the forum search engine for "krups basket" you should get several hits for both krups and breville part numbers for unpressureised baskets.

Re: Finding non-pressurised basket for Breville Ik

I managed to get a double krups basket for my Breville. It fits perfectly. People are right when they say its on the small (capacity) side, its definitely smaller than the standard Breville double basket. It probably hold 1 and a half times more than a standard Breville single basket.

Anyway I got it from "Household Appliance Parts" in Willetton (08 9354 1488) if anyones interested. It surely does make a huge difference. With the standard basket the coffee pour was too fast and had that crappy artificial crema. Now the pour is much slower and there is lots more crema. When you have nearly finished your cup there is still plenty of crema on top.

If you have one of theses machines, get this basket! 8-)