Thread: M27 Start -Thanks

M27 Start -Thanks

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Love this Forum. Switched on the M27 this morning and shortly after heard much hissing. I thought my anti-vac valve had spat the dummy after my recent dremel overhaul of the seat. Then I saw the pressure gauge!!! Overpressure valve was doing its best to stave off disaster. Switched it off and remembered reading about a similar problem in this forum. Searched the history and there it was. Two probable causes, pressure stat or heater element. Quick check of the pressure stat identified a faulty micro switch, which after a bit of coaxing now works again, but will be replaced tonight (I am sure I have a new one in my toolbox). Many thanks to the previous posters. Once again, Coffee Rules O.K.

Re: M27 Start -Thanks

New switch now fitted & working. The switching range has changed; old switch used to turn heater off at 1.2 bar back on at 1.0 bar. I set it to the same upper limit (1.2 bar) but heater now comes back on at 1.1 bar so operating range has tightened slightly, a good thing I think.

Update; I have had to re-set the pressure down to the lower end of the scale i.e. heater off at 1.0 bar back on 1.1 bar. Crema and taste were suffering at the higher pressure. Coffee and crema are much better at the lower pressure.

Glad to hear you found the answers you needed here and were able to get every thing sorted. :)

Dont be afraid to experiment with the pressure. Some people have found the Cimbalis, especially in a home setting, work best for them set as low as 0.8 bar.

Java "Still lovin his Cimbali!" phile

Thanks for the feedback. I will try some shots at lower pressure and see how they come out.