Thread: Advice for new Cafe Opening

Advice for new Cafe Opening

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Hi, I am opening my first cafe in a few weeks and still cant decide on a coffee machine to purchase/lease. My cafe is in the country, 2.5hrs north west of Brisbane, l will be busy on the weekends with a moderate flow of people through the week. I realise that the skills of the person making coffee have to be of a high standard but from what I have researched sometimes the water that comes out of the coffee machine is so hot that it will burn the coffee. So I am looking for a coffee machine that wont burn the coffee and that is good for milk texturing, and is not overly priced. I was looking at the Expobar Mega Crem 2 GR or a Wega 2 Gr but there are so many machines out there, I really want to keep the cost of my machine around the $6000 mark or less, I cant decide, so I am asking for opions from everyone with experience on different machines to help me out, please. :-/

Re: Advice for new Cafe Opening

Find out what you can get serviced locally (ask about what spare parts they keep on hand) and then choose from them, I have the Expobar in use at the moment and would recommend it in a heartbeat. As for the temp of the water that is adjustable on any machine with a tiny bit of knowledge.

Gee as an equipment importer with many years in the industry Id love to sell you one of our new espresso machines coffeecrazy (and by the way welcome to CS).....but I am afraid the very best advice is you need to rely on someone local for service. Running a business is not like having a coffee machine at home.

As moto coffee mentioned above please do look up your local equipment service agents or coffee suppliers and go with one from them. *The "number of machines out there" is not relevant to you. In your business what is relevant is you hope to get speedy backup when the need arises. You wont get that if you buy a machine effectively by "mail order" and bring it into an area where there is little or no hands on support for it or any real way for the vendor to guarantee it with their service during the first 12 months.

Good luck with your new venture.

And having said all that above, I welcome all in the Canberra and surrounding districts to visit us when they need a local equipment importer and supplier and someone that can give them good local and hands on support! *:)

Regardz,
    Attilio
    very first CS site sponsor

Banned

Where are you coffeecrazy? I might be able to help with local service depending on your location.

Thank you everyone that has replied so far, my cafe is going to be near Kingaroy and when I get my coffee issues sorted out I hope to open on the 30th May. So if anyone knows of a company that will service this area that would be great, otherwise I will start the ring around, as it sounds like availibilty of coffee technician is a higher priority then the actual brand of machine. Thanks again.

Hi coffeecrazy

30th May? Whoa that doesnt leave much time!

Source a local coffee Roaster FIRST!!! Roasters will often be able to get you a good deal on your coffee making equipment, who services what, provide training, etc.

Start with Jason at Pioneer, Sponsor on the left of the page. Not exactly around the corner from you but hell be able to help Im sure.

If you get stuck, happy for you to fly me up from Sydney. :D

Banned

Hi Coffeecrazy,

We are based in Yandina and my tech services reach to Kingaroy. Give me a call on 1300 366 132 and we can discuss your options.

jason