Thread: pump pressure issue

pump pressure issue

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    On the recently bought Faema, Im finding the machine is very slow to refill- much slower than the Boema or Bezzera was.
    A few points:
    The pump pressure is reading at under 8 to refill and a little bit over 8 with a blind filter
    The hose is smaller diameter than Im used to and was a bit squashed by the foot of the machine in transport- I reshaped it
    The machine was unhappy when I put in an inline water filter (right way round)- its only been running a couple of weeks without one- the filter was just out of date

Should I replace the hose or adjust pump pressure up first? If I adjust the pump, do you adjust the screw in or out to increase pressure.
    Any help appreciated
    Brett

Re: pump pressure issue

Replace the hoses first before playing around with pump adjustments.

Most plumbing supplies (Tradelink/Reece) dont carry 3/8 hoses as stock, so buy some 1/2 hoses and 1/2<==>3/8 reducers. It does the same thing and can work out cheaper.

Depending upon the age of the machine, Id recommend removing the pump and descaling it (soaking in descaling solution).

Not sure of the Faema designs, but some types of pumps have a small wire-mesh filter on the inlet side - this could be clogged and restricting flow. If it exists, normally you cant see this wiremesh filter and it sits inside of the brass union the attaches to the pump, e.g. you have to remove the hose and union to "knock it out".

Re: pump pressure issue

Quote Originally Posted by 66666637050 link=1246693971/1#1 date=1246754704
    Replace the hoses first before playing around with pump adjustments.

Most plumbing supplies (Tradelink/Reece) dont carry 3/8 hoses as stock, so buy some 1/2 hoses and 1/2<==>3/8 reducers. It does the same thing and can work out cheaper.

Depending upon the age of the machine, Id recommend removing the pump and descaling it (soaking in descaling solution).

Not sure of the Faema designs, but some types of pumps have a small wire-mesh filter on the inlet side - this could be clogged and restricting flow. If it exists, normally you cant see this wiremesh filter and it sits inside of the brass union the attaches to the pump, e.g. you have to remove the hose and union to "knock it out".

Much appreciated- Ill look into it. The machine is a 2008 unit, so I doubt it would have heavy scale
    Thanks
    Brett