Thread: Due S Faema push buttons problem

Due S Faema push buttons problem

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Hi All
    My Due S (about 2 1/2 years old) is turning one group on and off at will. Im not sure if this is the touch pads or solenoid. Any suggestions how to check? Ive removed the touch pad and it seems ok. When I bought the machine the previous owner hadnt emptied it and in the trip to NSW from QLD the sensors in the pad got wet- initially it cycled on and off as it is doing now. I have an idea moisture is still the problem as the machine seems to play up more after hot water is dispensed.
    The problem is becoming pretty constant now.
    Any help appreciated
    Brett

Re: Due S Faema push buttons problem

Really, on-one can help? Any ideas please- Ive tried disconnecting the touchpad, then the solenoid. Even with without the solenoid, the pump is still turning on and trying to pump through but of course the solenoid isnt opening for the group head
    Brett

A_M

Quote Originally Posted by 76676E676F6371766770020 link=1269680137/1#1 date=1269978977
    Really, on-one can help? Any ideas please- Ive tried disconnecting the touchpad, then the solenoid. Even with without the solenoid, the pump is still turning on and trying to pump through but of course the solenoid isnt opening for the group head
    Brett
    Do you have any electrical ccts ?

Assuming more than one group and more than one Keypad;

Then you could swap the key pad OR take it out of cct... If the problem moves with the key pad... Then the Key Pad sounds like the most likely culprit.

At least this way... You will know which section contains the problem actually is.

If Key pad - Then you could send me the key pad and I could look and make sure there is no crap / or obvious problems.. Or buy another....

If problem stays; then another cause.

If only one key pad... More thought will be required and an electrical / plumbing cct would be very helpful.

AM

also check your earths are clean around the keypad face plate if there are any.

i would do what AM says about swapping over the keypad to see if it moves to the other group

try building a bit of a shield for the hot water wand to stop steam blasting up into the controls (plastic plate?) for a few days to try to help it dry out. But is would consider taking it out and grabbing the hair dryer..... It always concerns me when the steam blasts up into the buttons area.

An idea but caution needed
    in the last couple of 2 grps i have looked in the control boards seemed to be 3 grp boards and the possibility of jumping a keypad to GRP3 on the board looked to be possible. I dont know if they are actually set up to do this in the programming but. I thought it might be a way that companies reduce parts carrying by making all the boards the "same" across there range. eg all machines get the 3 group board. (makes sense to the accountant in me)

I would not do this to I could confirm with techy but..... fry a board and open your wallet :( .......

Thanks guys for the replies- Ill look into it over the weekend
    Brett

Problem solved- the touch pad was the problem. Why I had the difficulty was that the problem was lower in the leads near where the ribbon cable plugged in- there was a hairline crack in the plastic ribbon. I had snipped
    the leads closer to the pad thinking this would isolate the group but there was still intermittent shorting lower down which caused the pump to turn on and off and the solenoid to misfire. New pad available from Cantarella Bros.
    Thanks in relief
    Brett

I just read this thread. Good find. Interesting that you have a crack in the ribbon. My Due is 15 years old and the connectors in the ribbons are a little heat effected but no cracks. How much did the keypad cost?

Looks like you are home and hosed now for a LONG time with your machine matey...they are very well built and easy to service.

Cheers

Sorry for the time taken to reply- you know how it is? I still havent got the part from Vittoria- the service dept people are hard to pin down. Also no price yet
    Brett