Thread: Looking for service manual /advice Carimali Uno

Looking for service manual /advice Carimali Uno

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Hi again all fellow coffee snobs .. ;)

Recently stumbled upon a very nice 88 canary yellow Carimali Uno Beta on a online rotary vanepump hunt for my Ellimatic *and decided to buy it .
    Besides a fawlty power switch , a loose steampipe and the wrong fillerhose delivered with it found it to be in a very good state .
    Took it apart and cleaned the chassis and copperwork . None of the seals /joints showed any exterior signs of calcium residue so decided to try it *out without further tinkering to jets etc *after modifying the hose connection to the pump so it fitted my existing water decalcifier .
    Opened the tap and heard the boiler fill *and it *heated up nicely to my surprise and got to a pressure 1,3 bar easily .
    Sofar so good ...no seals leaking . solenoids work fine and open and close withouth dripping ...pressure boiler valve closes nicely when hot withouth snottering etc *nicely running quiet pump ...
    After backflushing the machine theres first steam coming out of grouphead *but then water starts to pour out ...bit gushy at first but soon it has become a nice even flow wich is good ... but its too little water coming out ... .
    first shots *I took seem burned as it took too long to fill a cup *I suppose .. *

Been looking on the internet already and the carimali site doesnt offer manuals in the unrestricted area.
    Can anyone help me get a service manual for the Uno or has some advice for me where to check ...
    I think theres a little calcium in the machine left anyway so ill keep trying to backflush it clean in the next days , but the previous owner told me it always has been a bit slow ,(too slow for his taste too) *even when it was under a servicecontract by a coffee company .

Thanks in advance

Re: Looking for service manual /advice Carimali Un

Received a user manual from carimali within a day by sending them a email
    (my compliments for their quick response time).

After descaling the pump and the kettle separately en a lot of backflushing *for the grouphead and copperlines its performing already pretty acceptable .
    First crema-tic shot with ordinary redmark beans is a fact I had a laugh! *
    If u can get your hands on a machine like the Uno E or P *for little money plse do !
    theyre very nice buildt sturdy *litlle big machines ! With the cast aluminium side panels almost atomic blast proof 8-)

I have a carimali ete Beta Uno which I think is probably a later and slightly bigger version of yours. I would agree they are built like tanks. Mine also has cast aluminium side frames. The side and back covers are a single piece of 2mm stainless. If yours has the same injector arrangement into the heat exchanger the brew water temperature is adjustable.

Are you still after the service manual? Because I have a pdf copy of it.

Thanks Andy for your manual. I went to the Carimali site to download a manual. The site was bug..red so I emailed them and they sent a different manual as 34 giffs. So if anyone is interested in the different manual (3 megs) let me know.

Thanks *for the replys *Guys *sry it took me half a year *to notice :-)
    Did not find the time to finish the Uno , but started working on it last week again .
    Took it completely apart ..descaled completely *now *.
    Looks can be deceiving as there was a lot of scale in the boiler and the rotoflow pump *was running extremely rough and heavy * *,so ordered a new one yesterday together with piston rubbers and boiler seal .

Henk

Thank you very much for the manuals Andrew Its appreciated very much ..thumbs!!!

A little update .. received the replacement rotary pump I ordered from germany and it rocks!!
    No more gusto cremato I had a laugh
    Placed a new shower screen , o- rings and piston rubbers , and its keeping its pressure perfectly making shots .
    What a differencence ..after the M27 this ones a keeper for life!!

If you are ever thinking of having a smaller commercial machine for a home environtment go for a manual type Uno !!! (Uno P)

Let the good beans come!! The I-roast will be next!!

Excellent news and great result Elli [smiley=thumbsup.gif],

Youll have to enlist someone to take some photos of the wonderful shots you can do now, so that we can all enjoy them...... ::) ;D

Cheers,
    Mal.

Re: Looking for service manual /advice Carimali Uno

Hi guys I too am looking for a Uno service manual and a where to get spares..the machine came with a restaurant that we bought and worked well (i think)...restaurant now closed but the machine is headed to home just for me!!.

The caramali website is very buggy, and worse if your an international user who wants to get* in to the restricted area. i did manage to sign up a year or so ago if you need any other documents. just send me a pm and ill see if it still works.* ;)

edit: just found my old user/pw and it still works so can get user manuals/tech manuals if anyone needs them. they also have spare parts price list and exploded views/tech bulletins.

I have a friend with a Carimali Beta E2 . It wont always re-heat the water after the first few cups. Can anyone steer me towards a manual for this, hopefully with a wiring diagram, so I can try to fix it for him? Thanks for any assistance! Cheers. Mike

new to site so im sorry if this is not the right link. Im looking for the pdf or copy manual for the carimali uno coffee machine. thanks

Hello Guys and hopefully Girls* ;)

Im Adriaan from the Netherlands and also purchased a Carimali Uno, if possible i like to get an copy of the user manual and preferable an service manual as well, Im also the proud owner of an Kees van der Westen, Mirage Veloce at my home, i rescued this one at Ebay.de totally ruined it take me 6 weeks to bring this to his former glory, even better looking then new!

Pictures taken are at random

I like to take espresso machines apart and put them back to gether and make fully working machines of it.

here are the corresponding pictures;

Gday, I just purchased a Carimali Uno with a faulty pump (which Ill sort out myself) - would be great if someone can pass on a pdf of the manuals (user & service if possible), to me too. Is there anything you feel I should know before tackling the pump. btw: Im fine with electronics, electrics & mechanical work.

Hi there. Sorry to add another voice to the chorus of people seeking a carimali uno manual (late-ish model, electronic programable switching membrain lower left side).. But can someone flick me one? My uno is great but dripping constantly at the hob. Any suggestions welcome... And definatly that manual.

Ive uploaded the Carimali manuals to
    http://coffeesnobs.com.au/YaBB.pl?num=1331653362
    They can be downloaded from there

Perfect timing with the manual, much appreciated, as its time for a strip down / clean of my what was trusty Uno..* My Uno has started misbehaving, when cold / warming up, I get flow through the group head, but as soon as its up to pressure (looks to be normal, nothing too high) all flow stops.* My water intake line is almost too hot to touch, as is the pump which is still rotating, pretty sure that the intake line shouldnt be melting down!* The aeropress has been taken out of the cupboard so dangerous times are afoot, scratching my head as to the problem..* Any ideas?