Thread: Boema help * *

Boema help * *

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    hi there *its jeff *a newby * *:) * *I have just purchased a single group Boema-it looks in very good condition *but apparently has been in storage for 12 months ...im working on getting it connected to our kitchen tap then I can switch it on ...im flying blind here !! * *I have no manual and have cut my teeth on a Nemox fenice for the past 18 months *but now the BO-EMA has landed * and im exited * I have a couple of questions *... *when I connect the water to the machine * is it safe to just turn it on *and try to work out how to use it *or do I have to prime it somehow its an *..... Original Semi Automatic. Model A-1S10A...... * *on this page *http://www.boema.com.au/ProductCatalogue.htm * and I guess it would need to be backflushed *
    *not that I know how to do that *? I would really appreciate some info on how to get started *// *pointed in the right direction * * thanks jeff

Re: Boema help    

Hi jiff,

Welcome to CoffeeSnobs....... [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

If possible, try to find a copy of a service manual for the Bo-Ema as maybe a PDF download from the Bo-Ema website. Failing that, contact their head office and see if you can talk to someone who will let you buy one..... You might be lucky.

As for the rest, well I suggest you read through all of the resto posts in this category to give you an idea of what to check, etc and Im sure other Bo-Ema owners will come in with specific advice for you. Bo-Ema machines may not look as flashy and covered in all the bling of several other machines but they are well built, work well and are fully supported here in Australia (since theyre manufactured here ;)). All the best with your new acquisition and wish you many glorious espresso shots and a Happy New Year for 2008 8-) ;D,

Cheers,
    Mal.

Hi Jiff,
    Welcome. As Mal says there are a few Boema users here. Im a newbie too and am only a week or so in front of you. One thing you need to make sure of before you turn on the machine has water in the boiler at least to cover the Element by a good bit. There is probably and autofill on the machine so dont fill it too much above the element, so you can see if the Autofill is working. When you then decide to apply power make sure you are ready to disconnect if anything is wrong.

Post some pictures up here so that we can all see the progress

Greg at Boema is the one to talk to, but hes kinda busy at the moment reorganizing their factory but try him.

Good luck ;D

hi again here is a pic

and another

Re: Boema help * *

Whats the other machine?

hi the other coffee machine is a Nemox cafe fenice its good and can produce a great coffee

I think Your Boema is the same as Andy Freemans.
    Have a look at this thread Jiff
    http://coffeesnobs.com.au/YaBB.pl?num=1108007340/14#14

its working theres a story but its now working this was mu first shot this morning jef:)

and again

nice looking shots there matey - well done. Whats the story...

Cheers

Re: Boema help * *

well the story is *... *I purchased the machine 2nd hand locally so that was fine got it home on the kitchen bench *opened it up * hooked up the water * flipped the switch and no pumping *luckily a friend of a friend *could supply me parts *so i have a new pump ,solenoid ,seals . not the steam wand but the long brass thing it connects to inside .new brass thing y that sits on top of the Boiler ... * ive never touched one of these before *so He talked me through installing the parts over the phone now it all seams to be working fine except still quite a bit of black stuff coming out of the hot water tap *,,,,,,,, *any ideas on how to clean this out *im thinking of filling the boiler with vinegar for a while and then sending it through *im looking for some advice on this first though

Jef,
    We cleaned our boiler, firstly we flushed it with the hose, then the end of a stiff piece of wire, more flushing, then 3-4 table spoons of Citric Acid dissolved in a cup of water (warm) put that in the boiler. filled the boiler to about 1/2 full, Disconnect the autofill, make sure the element is well covered with water turn the machine on let it heat up leave it on for a while a (couple of hours)then open the water tap let some out. Reflush with the hose and see if thats enough.