Thread: On da bench

TC

On da bench

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    dual boiler PID VBM Domobar Super

I have this suspect for a couple of weeks- for review and testing.

It will reside in my home until 08 August and then go to the showroom for a 1 week residency.

Melbourne (or visiting) CSers are welcome to pop in for a shot and a play at either venue- by appointment.

We will also throw the showroom doors open between 11am and 1pm on Saturday 09 August for those who would like to pop in..

Chris

Re: On da bench

Hmmmm
    I wonder can a trip down to Melbourne to see this magnificent machine is tax deductible? :)

KK

Geez, how did they fit dual boilers in such a small looking unit Chris? :o

Look forward to reading your review.

BTW, whats the expected RRP?

TC

Quote Originally Posted by GrindOnDemand link=1217591888/0#2 date=1217641030
    Geez, how did they fit dual boilers in such a small looking unit Chris? :o

Look forward to reading your review.

BTW, whats the expected RRP?
    There are 2 x vertical 1.4l boilers at the front Tony. Estimated RRP (as per Aromafest) was $3265...

regards

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by 2muchcoffeeman link=1217591888/0#3 date=1217641314
    There are 2 x vertical 1.4l boilers at the front Tony. Estimated RRP (as per Aromafest) was $3265...
    hmmm, in that price range, how does it rate compared to a Domus Galatea Chris? *Interested in your impending review mate. ;)

Whats the blue neon digital reading measuring BTW?

TC

Quote Originally Posted by GrindOnDemand link=1217591888/0#4 date=1217653059

hmmm, in that price range, how does it rate compared to a Domus Galatea Chris? *Interested in your impending review mate. ;)

Whats the blue neon digital reading measuring BTW?
    Not comparable IMHO- Its dual boiler and PID v HX. The diplay is of raw boiler temp. The feeling is that ambient temp will have some variable influence at the group- making an offset somewhat random...Not sure what I think about that yet :-/

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by 2muchcoffeeman link=1217591888/0#5 date=1217658799
    The feeling is that ambient temp will have some variable influence at the group- making an offset somewhat random...Not sure what I think about that yet *:-/
    Looking forward to some testing on this mate - something Ive also been pondering lately regarding this machine.

TC

Quote Originally Posted by 2muchcoffeeman link=1217591888/0#0 date=1217591888
    We will also throw the showroom doors open between 11am and 1pm on Saturday 09 August for those who would like to pop in..

Chris
    Sadly, the machine was on my bench for just 3 days as ECA has had to recall it to Sydney :(. Im hoping it may come back sometime next week and the review...Stay tuned for an updated open house time. Perhaps it may be best to do it in conjunction with the next bean collection day?

Sorry all :(

Chris

Hey Chris, do you want me to see if I can borrow a Scace device to run this thing through its paces?