Thread: Bo ema A2V 15A

Bo ema A2V 15A

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Can anyone help I have purchased a Boema a2v 15amp 2 group machine.(about 4 years old) I have plugged it in and tripped the switch after about a minute. Does anyone know if its just drawing to much power so trips or after about a minute warm up the is another heat phase that could be compromised. Im down to taking apart and cleaning group heads. Is it advisable to replace all seals and the fine grounds filter discs? Cheers :)

Re: Bo ema A2V 15A

Welcome to Coffee Snobs.

Im not an electrician but unless you have a dedicated 15 Amp power point Im not surprised its tripping the circuit.

Usually you need a special point because it should have a 15 Amp plug that wont go into a normal (10 Amp) power point.

If the plug and point arent correct the worst thing that can happen (worse than tripping) is burning down the house because the 10 Amp wiring inside the walls will overheat and start a fire.

Thanx TG house all good and Im thinking thats the cause......well Im hoping thats the only problem I have! Can you advise about changing the group head seals and filter discs? Cheers

They are usually cheap so why not?
    If the old ones are OK they can be emergency spares.

A seal on my machine is under $5.

Hi Nicarum
    The Boema should run on a normal houshold plug, but may click off a circuit braker if left on for a long time or used a lot.
    But it is not recomended that you do it.

The problem with your Boema is most likely the heater element. I had the same problem you are having. This is very common, Im told, on Boemas that are purchased second hand and have been sitting unused for some time. The heater element crusts up and that crust goes hard when they are not used, and causes hot spots --- so tripping the circuit after a minute.

If you take the element out and clean it up you should be back up and going. At least it wont cost you anything to check it out. If this does the trick, you will then need to run a good de-calsifying solution through your machine. But you would have done that anyway.

I hope this helps
    Rio

I am not an electrician but I understand that the actual load carrying ability of modern housing wiring is over 15 amp and the breaker in the box is 15 amp...ie the breaker will break before the wire will burn. In truth standard GPOs should be able to handle a 15 amp draw, so its probably an electrical fault in the machine.

Cheers

DONT USE

Can anyone help I have purchased a Boema a2v 15amp 2 group machine.(about 4 years old) I have plugged it in and tripped the switch after about a minute. Does anyone know if its just drawing to much power so trips or after about a minute warm up the is another heat phase that could be compromised.
    hi nicarum

if you need to ask this question, then you need a technician to test your machine

Electricity can and does kill

Hi all,
    My friend gave me an old Boema that has the same problem. Problem isolated to be the heater element.

Appreciate if you can help to provide a online store that sells this spare?

I am residing in Malaysia.... hard to get spares here.

Thanks,
    KW Mui

Welcome "Mui".... [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Im pretty sure that if you contacted Boema via their website, you would get a very favourable response.

All the best :)
    Mal.