Thread: FAEMA E98 Compact A1 Fully Automatic

FAEMA E98 Compact A1 Fully Automatic

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    I was given this machine which came from a hotel my brother bought but dont know much about it at all.
    Is it possible to use this as a home machine?
    there are a some badges and a knob missing at the moment so i was hoping to replace them. Is this possible?

Sorry about all the questions im trying to find out a bit more about this.
    Thanks

Re: FAEMA E98 Compact A1 Fully Automatic

The Faema E98 is basically the same as a La Cimbali Junior. Parts should be readily available.

Anything can be used as a home machine. *;) *Is it a plumbed-in type machine? If so, youll just need to get a plumber to connect it in to your water supply and drain.

http://www.1st-line.net/cgi-bin/category.cgi?item=AX130DSDFDEAA&type=store

thats the machine there.

Someone mentioned that it may not run off normal power from our house. I am renting at so the power could be a problem if it cant run from what we already have which is pretty standard i think.

Also any plumbing could cause an issue if there was a lot of work to be done.

can someone tell me what i would have to do to get this machine working in our rental?
    Sorry ive got no idea about this!
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 5D425344455E2A0 link=1233191538/2#2 date=1233271010
    Someone mentioned that it may not run off normal power from our house.
    No, thats incorrect. That machine in the photo is a single group machine, and will have no problem running off a standard power point. I have a Faema E98 as well, but mine is the S1 instead of the A1. Its only the larger machines, with multiple groups that will require more power. If you lift off the drip tray you will see a plate that should mention the power requirements anyway, which would be well under the 2400W that a standard power point can provide.

Quote Originally Posted by 5D425344455E2A0 link=1233191538/2#2 date=1233271010
    Also any plumbing could cause an issue if there was a lot of work to be done.

can someone tell me what i would have to do to get this machine working in our rental?
    Sorry ive got no idea about this!
    Thanks
    Well power is no problem, so its only plumbing that could be an issue. Firstly, can you confirm if this machine is a plumbed-in type machine or not. Some have a water tank fitted in to it so dont need plumbing. Does it have water and drain pipes coming out of the machine?

ok thanks. Its in storage so ill have to check but i know it has a tank at the back that you can fill with water. (im assuming its for water).
    It also has a pipe under the machine (for drainage i supose.)
    Sorry its a vague description but i dont have the machine near me at the moment

Ok, well if it runs off a water tank then theres no problem. Id be interested to know what that pipe is - maybe they only plumbed in the drain. Itd be easy enough to rig up the drain pipe to run into a water container on the floor, or run to the sink if the machine is placed close enough.

Take some photos of the tank, pipes, etc, and post them up here so we can check it out. Is the machine in good running order?

Yeah thanks Bill. Ill have to get to it to have a look.
    Im hoping to get it serviced in sydney as it hasnt been used for over a year. Is there a particular place i should take this machine to get serviced? Im on the northern beaches but can take it wherever.

Quote Originally Posted by 2738293E3F24500 link=1233191538/6#6 date=1233450639
    Yeah thanks Bill. Ill have to get to it to have a look.
    Im hoping to get it serviced in sydney as it hasnt been used for over a year. Is there a particular place i should take this machine to get serviced? Im on the northern beaches but can take it wherever.
    Sorry, I cant help with that. Someone else on here should know of repairers in Sydney though.

Do you know what these machines are worth in good condition and fully working?

Quote Originally Posted by 312E3F282932460 link=1233191538/8#8 date=1233877276
    Do you know what these machines are worth in good condition and fully working?
    I was just replying, but I then realised that youre talking about 2nd hand price, not new.....

Not sure. The S1 (not your A1), in band new, or near new condition have sold on here and on Evil Bay for around $1,800 - $2,100. Yours is a more expensive machine, but would not be in as new condition, so dunno..... I doubt itd be worth over $2,000 unless its in really exceptional condition. Yours may have had quite a hard life though, having come from a hotel.

ok thanks Bill.
    Its in pretty good condition as it was only used as a backup machine. im getting it looked at next week so ill soon find out

Quote Originally Posted by 4A55445352493D0 link=1233191538/10#10 date=1233884102
    ok thanks Bill.
    Its in pretty good condition as it was only used as a backup machine. im getting it looked at next week so ill soon find out
    If its got a rotary pump it may be worth a bit more than a vibe pump machine too.