Thread: Cimbali M30 Dosatron

Cimbali M30 Dosatron

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Hello there, Im new to these forums. I recently acquired a Cimbali M30 Dosatron at an Auction for 200 dollars. The machine works alright after putting about 200 dollars into it. I cant seem to find any service or owner manuals for this nor can I figure out how to program it. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thank you.

Re: Cimbali M30 Dosatron

Take some photos and post them up in here.
    I just finished a M31 Classic and there very easy to work on.

Can you list what you replaced and what issues you still have with it.

If its a Automatic AKA Press the button for the extraction to begin, You can program it by pressing the FLOW button down for 5 secs. I think it was. The water will run for that time then once it stops you put your cup under and press the correct cup button and once the cup is where you want it you press the same button again and it remembers the amount. To exit and save you will need to hold down the flow button again for 5 secs.

I may be wrong but give it a try :)

Here we go. A M30 Bistro manual. The programming on Page 21 would 99% be the same.

Go to this URL and have a read.
    http://www.zecom.net.au/Cimbali_Owners_Manual_M30_Bistro.pdf

That helped a ton, thank you very much!

My Pleasure :)

I suggest you get some photos of the inside of her around the plumbing end for a corrosion check. Also it may be in dire need of a boiler cleanout. to much scale around the elements will cause over temp shutdowns and will also assist the process of burning out the elements. :)

P

hey, id love to find a copy of the M30 (bistro) service manual also.
    anyone actually have one of those?

ive just started to go ahead and descale the boiler of my 2 group machine... but im kind of thinking ill just pull the heating coils out and soak them in cleaning vinegar....
    might attempt descaling the groups/heat exchange depending on how much gunk i find on the coils...

have had my machine for a year and its been great... but now its been complaining a lot, warning lights coming on all the time... i guess its overheating due to too much scale and its been struggling to take on water a bit too, probably for the same reason.. i guess...

well... theres lots of crap in there, and on the coil also : /
    guess i probably should remove and clean the groups also..

blown HX : (
    not really sure how to remove

borat123

Undo the bolts, remove the group head and the hx should slide straight out. * *If heavy scale, try prying it out with a screwdriver. *Since its blown, you wont be worried about damaging it. *Be careful with the flange facing on the boiler though. * Seals and rubber oring are easy & cheap to buy new.

Descale the element, then get it checked by an electrician. If its stuffed, there are places that will re-use the baseplate, and fit a new element for you. Get the incalloy one, it lasts longer and scales less. The other after market elements sold to fit cimbalis are crap.

Quote Originally Posted by 232E332035707372410 link=1238189858/8#8 date=1271642130
    Undo the bolts, remove the group head and the hx should slide straight out. * *If heavy scale, try prying it out with a screwdriver. *Since its blown, you wont be worried about damaging it. *Be careful with the flange facing on the boiler though. * Seals and rubber oring are easy & cheap to buy new.

Descale the element, then get it checked by an electrician. *If its stuffed, there are places that will re-use the baseplate, and fit a new element for you. * Get the incalloy one, it lasts longer and scales less. *The other after market elements sold to fit cimbalis are crap.
    hey thanks for info borat : )

the heat-exchangers were rather expanded, so a fair bit of work with the vice-grips to pinch them out... and a bit of hack-saw action to save the spacer-ring thingies.

ive now completed a rebuild: stripped and re-pained some of the frame, descaled everything, new seals, new HXs.

the coil is 1/3rd blown. i have it operating on 2 out of 3 phases but a replacement is on the way. im interested in where i might ditch the broken one where it might be retooled like you say.

in the meantime, theres a leaky vacuum/gravity valve to fix (am guessing it just needs a new o-ring)
    +
    it now seems my boiler-safety valve is leaking also... is there perhaps a way of adjusting this thing..? im kind of assuming that its just needing to be replaced. ?

thanks again for input, greatly appreciated.

borat123

Quote Originally Posted by 39282A372B2C392C580 link=1238189858/9#9 date=1273796843
    the coil is 1/3rd blown. i have it operating on 2 out of 3 phases but a replacement is on the way. im interested in where i might ditch the broken one where it might be retooled like you say.
    Talk to Wattco. They are fast, and do an excellent job. Cost me around $200 for the incalloy, reusing the existing baseplate.

3 Parkin St
    Dry Creek SA 5094
    (08) 8349 6494

cheers.