Thread: "Vittoria" Grimac One Group in action..

"Vittoria" Grimac One Group in action..

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Hi,

this is my 3th Grimac.. upgrade from my beloved Minni Grimac (La Uno), which served me great till the last day.
    But this One Group is a whole different kind of beast..
    the 4L boiler can keep steaming way after I turn the machine off.
    Rotary pump is SWEET..
    VERY HAPPY with the Upgrade and want it to show it off..:D
    here is a little video of one of my first shot with it..
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVJUwAd9d8Y

and some pics.
    next to the Mini Grimac

inside..

my simple "plumbing" to an upside down bottle

the whole setup.

Re: "Vittoria" Grimac One Group in action..

Nice set-up Juanjo !

Love the handles on the PFs, great collection you have there.

CB

Hi Juanjo,

Congratulations on getting your new Grimac!

It is very similar to my espresso machine:

http://coffeesnobs.com.au/YaBB.pl?num=1238685253

Looks like mostly the same internal and external components. You have the benefit of nickel plating on the boiler which mine does not have. Also some of the components are connected differently on top of the boiler and the electronics look set up a bit differently. But other than that I think they are the same.

Your portafilters look awesome. I am intrigued by the ridges on the tamper - I have not seen that style before. Also your mazzer doserless mod is very clever. You have a really nice set up there.

fabcat

Just noticed that your boiler water level probe seems to be pulled most of the way out of the boiler. Is it meant to be like this on this machine? I would think that this would mean your water level is quite high in the boiler leaving little room for steam. I guess this would be a good trick to increase the water level for descaling.

Do you know what the round red light under the power switch is for? My machine does not have this.

fabcat

FabCat,

yes, looks like we have the same machine... lucky us..:D

the water level probe was like that when I bought it... but I can tell you one thing.. I have PLENTY, PLENTY of steam..

just called Grimac.com (the US dealer are here in NY:) and the guy (VERY FRIENDLY) explain to me that the red light was on some of this machine for the optional pour over tank... the red light is for the low water censor.. but NOTHING that you or me should care about.. since we have it plumb it..

Juanjo

Hi Juanjo,
    congrats on the upgrade! Im jealous. I wanted to as a question about the Mini Grimac that you just upgraded from though as I have recently been offered one at a really great price but have been unable to find good information about it online. I wanted to ask if it is a hx machine or not and wether it uses a vibe or a procon pump. Sorry to bug you but good information is hard to find. Also how did you find it as a machine to work on, criticisms and advice etc coming from an informed user will be greatly appreciated.
    Regards
    red glass

Hi Red Glass,

I have the Grimac Mini in use currently. Mine is plumbed to the water with a Vibe pump and is set on a timer for my morning coffee. I also got mine second hand and found it had a water flow issues which made the Gicar Unit beep like a big truck reversing. Fixed that with a new flow meter.

Origanly distributed through Grinders in Australia suited for small shops, these machines are not really available in retail outlets and hence why there not much info available. Grinders will still service them if you want, but I found site sponsor Veneziano much better to deal with for servicing.

Warm up time is around 30 - 40 minutes.

The only other issue i have with the machine is the 1 hole steam tip, a pain to get the perfect micro foam but still possible.

The step up from the Gaggia Classic has been good fun and heaps to learn. It seems to work fine, and the shots are comming out like magic, sometimes I actually think i am better than my favourite cafe (we use the same beans).

I currently run a 24 second cooldown flush if the machine is iddle and 9-10 seconds if i am in the middle of a coffee making seesion.

I have cattered for up to 50 people with the Grimac not missing a beat. I am not sure what else people would need out of a coffee machine.

Cheers

Chris

This is interesting. I have almost the same machine, it has the same body, same internals, same boiler, same stickers, same almost everything except it has a different looking pressure gauge, is semi automatic rather than volumetric and is made by BFC.

My machine says on the spec plate that its "la vittoria" model. however on the bfc site ( http://bfcsrl.it/prodotti.asp?id_cat=1&id_prod=27 ) it lists my machine as a classica.

Does yours say BFC or Grimac on the spec plate?

In any case theyre awesome machines. The boiler and element are large enough to have the steam valve open all day (Literally) and not drop below 1bar of pressure. When the boiler tops itself up its up to pressure again in 10secs or less. The steaming power is comparable to 2 and 3 group machines.

Cheers-Mischa

Gday Mischa.... :)

Yep, as with quite a few manufacturers, BFC market similar machines in other countries with different names. It is possible though to buy Grimac machines in Oz too but I cant remember the history behind the name changes.... :( Attilio from CosmoreX Coffee will know Im sure 8-)

Mal.

Cool.

PS: Whered you get the funky portafilter handles? and did you sell your machine since starting this thread?? if so, how come?

Cheers-Mischa

A_M

Mini Grimac La Una on the bench for some TLC.

At present it just looks like a new steam valve, group seal, steam tip and a good clean... But until one gets into it... One never knows.

If any one has updated information as to who is currently providing parts for these units I would love to find out.

In addition, if any one has any service manuals etc. that would also be handy.

When weve had Grimacs in for repair and needed parts weve got them from Grinders.

JT8
    Love the set up. Especially the wooden handles