Thread: Expobar - Ruggero, G10 and MegaCrem

vfxmorley

Expobar - Ruggero, G10 and MegaCrem

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Hi all.

Im looking at the specs for all these models in 1Grp compact and can see zero difference.
    Can someone enlighten me as to the differences if any, beside cosmetic!

G10:
    http://expobaraustralia.com.au/index.../product_id/41

MegaCrem:
    http://expobaraustralia.com.au/index.../product_id/43

Ruggero:
    http://expobaraustralia.com.au/index.../product_id/37

thanks

Re: Expobar - Ruggero, G10 and MegaCrem

Nope came to the same conclusion seems to be fairly similar internals with different packaging. I think you are paying for better looks with the G10 and Ruggero (G10 the controls are different) also the G10 does come in Americano configuration (dual boiler) so I am told but I havent seen any info on its makeup.

TC

Quote Originally Posted by 222C212E392F2E400 link=1266875853/1#1 date=1266890148
    Nope came to the same conclusion seems to be fairly similar internals with different packaging. I think you are paying for better looks with the G10 and Ruggero (G10 the controls are different) also the G10 does come in Americano configuration (dual boiler) so I am told but I havent seen any info on its makeup.
    Both the G10 and Ruggero are available in Americano (multi boiler) comfiguration with a PID per group...

Chris

vfxmorley

Am I correct in saying the dual boiler purpose in a 1grp is to have a boiler dedicated to steam and one to the grouphead? A standard configuration has the one shared boiler? But you are still able to steam and pull a shot at one time?

So theorhtically, the dual boiler will have a more stable temperature for shot pulling?

Yes to the first question, standard configuration is a heat exchanger where the brew water is heated by the steam boiler via a heat exchanger system. The dual boiler has a more accurate temperature for shot pulling (due to the pid) the heat exchanger is still very stable. And yes you can pull a shot and steam at the same time only single boilers (aka silvia) have that issue.

I suggest you do some searching in CS if you would like more detail on heat exchangers (aka HXs) and dual boilers.

I think the Expobar 1-group commercial systems are single-boiler HXs - but I could be wrong.
    The multi-boiler commercials (Americana) are available on 2, 3 and 4 group machines, or the Minore III professional domestic 1-group machine.
    The various Expobar 1-group commercial machines essentially share the same internals and its largely cosmetic.

TC

Quote Originally Posted by 37373766540 link=1266875853/5#5 date=1266959525
    I think the Expobar 1-group commercial systems are single-boiler HXs - but I could be wrong.
    The multi-boiler commercials (Americana) are available on 2, 3 and 4 group machines, or the Minore III professional domestic 1-group machine.
    The various Expobar 1-group commercial machines essentially share the same internals and its largely cosmetic.
    Yes ccc, correct!