Thread: GS3 in Perth?

GS3 in Perth?

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Hello Everyone

I have been reading this forum for quite some time, but this is my first post. Nice to meet you all :)

I live in Perth, and have decided its time to upgrade from my Silvia, which I have had for around 5-6 years, and upgrade to GS3 (just to kill the urge to ever need to upgrade again)...

However, dont really like the idea of paying $7K for a machine that Ive never even seen, let alone tried out. Can anyone tell me if they know of anywhere in Perth where these can be purchased/viewed? Searching around on the net, the only place Oz seems to be coffeeparts.com in NSW?

As an aside question, how would you go about back-flushing the paddle version of this machine? Is it the same as you would an auto machine?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Jess

TC

Re: GS3 in Perth?

Hello Jessy and welcome,

Have a chat with site sponsor Dimattina Coffee. Theyre in Osborne Park and will be able to assist.

Quote Originally Posted by 57786E6E642F241D0 link=1339744754/0#0 date=1339744754
    (just to kill the urge to ever need to upgrade again)

Ha Ha Ha

Thats funny stuff, not likely tho ;)

Ah yeah.....nah.

Look, if you want to buy something because you just want to, thats the best reason to do so.

But to announce that you are going to upgrade from a such and such to another such and such because once youve gone to the the second such and such there is no where else to go (as if it is the pinnacle of all such and suches), doesnt wash.

Upgrade to your such and such by all means and pay through the nose for the privelege, but if you gained the idea in this & other forums that it is the pinnacle to aspire to so you may as well walk past everything else, means these forums are disseminating BS information.

Yesterday I was in Sydney and had a very good cuppa from a......WEGA.....! God forbid.* Last month I was also in Sydney and had a cuppa from your pinnacle brand machine and......it was disappointing.

An espresso machine is a means to and end. Yes there
    are good ones and mediocre ones and even crappy ones, and ALL are subject to the expertise of their operators. There is no one "best" brand and there are also a multitude of opinions....everyones got one, even people that dont know much (this is not directed at you) and write stuff in forums, that other people read and believe. There are real, pros and cons to a multitude of machines.

When you upgrade your car, which brand / model are you going to go straight up to so you never have to "upgrade" again.

I hope you get what you want, but please buy with your eyes open, and not after digesting misleading information.

I am using the best available brand computer to write this by the way, most others here are using lesser equipment ....and god forbid that anyone should take this comment seriously ;)

Hope that helps.

Attilio
    very first CS site sponsor.

Quote Originally Posted by 103C3F3A3D0C04530 link=1339744754/3#3 date=1339821286
    Quote Originally Posted by 57786E6E642F241D0 link=1339744754/0#0 date=1339744754

Ha Ha Ha

Thats funny stuff, not likely tho* ;)
    GS3 doesnt really do pressure profiling.

If you dont want upgraditis, then I recommend you look closely at a single group Synesso Hydra.

Or wait...

Slayer are said to be releasing a single group machine aimed at domestic use.

Just Sayin. ;D

Quote Originally Posted by 534B4E4E5B4A61535F5008093E0 link=1339744754/5#5 date=1339836866
    Quote Originally Posted by 103C3F3A3D0C04530 link=1339744754/3#3 date=1339821286

Ha Ha Ha

Thats funny stuff, not likely tho* ;)
    GS3 doesnt really do pressure profiling.

If you dont want upgraditis, then I recommend you look closely at a single group Synesso Hydra.

Or wait...

Slayer are said to be releasing a single group machine aimed at domestic use.

Just Sayin.* ;D

Actually a GS3 Paddle can do profiling if you switch the micro switch in the group around.. Youll need the Strada brew pressure gauge and a couple of other bits and pieces to see what your doing with the pressure at the group and then youll pretty much have a Strada group.
    The GS3 has amazing temperature stability also. id highly recommend one, I love mine. You might be on a waiting list, im pretty sure its around 4 months.

Quote Originally Posted by 2F2B21293133372B302731420 link=1339744754/6#6 date=1339857085
    Actually a GS3 Paddle can do profiling if you switch the micro switch in the group around.. Youll need the Strada brew pressure gauge and a couple of other bits and pieces to see what your doing with the pressure at the group and then youll pretty much have a Strada group.
    The GS3 has amazing temperature stability also. id highly recommend one, I love mine. You might be on a waiting list, im pretty sure its around 4 months.
    do you have LINK how to get or tutorial to Upgrade the group GS3 to STRADA?

cheers.......

someone still like HX machine, because cant effort LM or Synesso.... ;D ;D ;D

Quote Originally Posted by 303E2737313D3B3C520 link=1339744754/7#7 date=1339936492
    Quote Originally Posted by 2F2B21293133372B302731420 link=1339744754/6#6 date=1339857085

cheers.......

Haha give me a few days or so, Im just waiting on the parts and ill document it.. If you can service the group on a LM paddle your capable of doing it..

Quote Originally Posted by 717F6676707C7A7D130 link=1339744754/7#7 date=1339936492

cheers.......

I just heard from my technician, Alans espresso in Brisbane just traded his 2 LM lineas to 2 Wegas.................. the new wega multi-boiler ;D

[/QUOTE]
    I just heard from my technician, Alans espresso in Brisbane just traded his 2 LM lineas to 2 Wegas.................. the new wega multi-boiler* ;D[/QUOTE]

Alan changes his machines regularly, but when I go in they are always multi boiler machines.

[/QUOTE]

Haha give me a few days or so, Im just waiting on the parts and ill document it.. If you can service the group on a LM paddle your capable of doing it..
    [/QUOTE]

Interesting how the newer LM groups relate to the older oner. Looking forward to reading about it Mick Squires ;)

wega concept is multi boilers, but not Saturate Group

cheers....

I bought a GS3 from steve at Dimatima about 18 months ago. Actually over 2 years ago. I had to pay 50% and then wait 7 months for it to arrive...

I wasnt able to view one in the flesh prior to purchase, but really it wasnt an issue. There are enough utube videos and other reviews to get an idea of what you are purchasing. I had also bought my previous machine (expobar minore I) sight unseen and at a time when they only really just arrived in Aust. I have also bought a car that I hadnt driven or seen, but had to order. I guess it is all part of our just in time manufacturing and no stock holding that we seem to have to live with now a days.

In terms of the GS3, I have no regrets about the change over. I am loving the machine. However, I did love my minore too. I dont really believe I am getting much better results in the cup, but I must say I do prefer the GS3. It is difficult to say why.

I wouldn't say the GS3 is better it is just different. It is definitely better made and finished than the expobar, but I guess that is part of what you are paying for. everything is just a heavier duty, and I dont beleive it is built to a price like probably the expobar was. It just has that italian made feel to it that is hard to describe.

What I would say, is that the GS3 is shorter, wider and deeper than I thought, so maybe just check the dimensions.

cheers

Clint

backflush is the same