Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By TC

Thread: Rocket evo basket sizes

Rocket evo basket sizes

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    I a total noob but have been making some great coffee with my rocket Giotto evo ii since I got it about 6 weeks ago.
    In fact much better tasting than the surrounding local cafes.
    I have been using the double for all my coffee and have the blind portafilter in the single to back flush when cleaning.
    Now I have gone use the single to make an expresso and have noticed the basket sizes (not sure if I am using the right terminology here) are the same. Is this right! Not sure how big these baskets are. It would mean single and double have the same dose.

Help?

Unless you have two baskets of the same size, the single basket should hold less coffee than the double, when you compare both, isn't one deeper?

The single and double baskets are different sizes and look quite different. If they look the same I suspect you may have ended up with two the same.

Personally, I only use the double and keep the blind portafilter in the other handle for cleaning like you've already been doing.

I Just checked my Evo II, you can clearly see the difference in the basket size, the baskets fit both Porta handles (single and double) personally I only use the small basket,

Here are some pics of the baskets that I have -I assume they are both doubles but I having nothing to compare this against. What do you guys think these are?

You have 2 "small" baskets, I will post a photo soon.

they are both singles

Roz
    invest in some double baskets asap, surprised the machine didn't come with one?

Here is a single and a double for comparison

Also a photo of four baskets ranging in sizes from left to right : 7g single , 14g double , 18g large double , 22g triple
    Attached Images Attached Images

TC
    Quote Originally Posted by Roz View Post
    invest in some double baskets asap, surprised the machine didn't come with one?
    Hi Roz. They do...

Kevin is our client and we have made arrangements to get a double to him pronto.

All I can assume is that Rocket employee Carlo had an extra proseco or two for lunch that Friday arvo before he packed the box.
    wonder likes this.

Roz
    Quote Originally Posted by Talk_Coffee View Post
    Hi Roz. They do...

Kevin is our client and we have made arrangements to get a double to him pronto.

All I can assume is that Rocket employee Carlo had an extra proseco or two for lunch that Friday arvo before he packed the box.
    Haha that is probably true, sad thing is kmcgreg is missing on the extra hit of caffine in his shots.

I'm still tempted to cure my upgraditis and the EVO is high on that list next to the Strega but I must resist for now

Hi thanks for the replies....shows what a noob I am! Chris is sorting it out so I be even more caffeinated.
    We are lucky to have such a great community here supported by great sponsors.