Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Dimal
  • 1 Post By Lbarista

Thread: CMA coffee machine

CMA coffee machine

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Hi all

Quick question - CMA manufacture a bunch of machines under various brands such as San Marino, Wega, Calypso etc - yet I can't find a website for them.

Does anyone know if CMA have a website? Im looking for info on the CMA Calypso compact.

Cheers
    Melbuurn

anyone care to comment?

CMA coffee machine

Judging by what you are selling on CS that must be you Andrew ;-)

Man, I did a heap of searching last night about CMA as I have been battling with a customers San Marino and realising how much I dislike it.

I couldn't find much regarding the calypso at all. I could see a link to a coffee company in the UK called calypso using Astoria CMA's and other company's using rebadged Astorias (Bristot) but there seems to be very little when it comes to CMA as a company other than they make A LOT of machines

Also looked through some of the range of their brands and didn't really see much in the way of compacts. It was late last night though so I'm sure I missed something.

I'm curious though, do u have a calypso or are you looking to buy one??

Hey Tim

Bingo!

I bought an Expobar Elegance 2grp compact. Its 45kg net, 54kg fully loaded so is actually lighter than the Grimac.

I found all the sites you did - it seems that Astoria is the flagship brand of the CMA family and everything is built off that?

Ill have to chat with the guys over at Tullamarine tomorrow - Im curious more than anything else if the Cal Compact is lighter/heavier than the Expobar.

I almost bought a NS Appia Compact - the no manual fill/no manual override lost the sale

Cheers
    Melbuurn

CMA coffee machine

Bugger, I'm about to pull out an Expobar Elegance from a cafe in Geelong who have no idea what to do with it (I'm about to install an LSM). I actually thought of you when I spoke to them on Friday thinking that it might suit.

Some points that may be helpful:

Suggest to contact established importers of CMA (eg in your own town there is site sponsor Genovese).

CMA like a lot of other manuaturers in the past probably never saw the *need* to have a website as they were not into domestic machines and dealt only with "the trade".

Main "brand" of CMA in Italy was Wega, where the name Astoria is virtually unheard of...

The operative phrase would be that they USED to manufacturer a lot of machines......(rather than "they make a lot of machines").

Dont know what happens now they have been bought by someone else, although I would think there will be major restructuring....

Dont see the relationship between expo bar, nuova sim., grimac and cma...the similarity ends with the fact they are all esp machines. Open them up, and they differ markedly from each other, even within the same brand from model to model. Generally the cheaper end models weigh less, and you can draw your own conclusions from that !
    Last edited by Fresh_Coffee; 3rd December 2012 at 09:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lasanmarcomelb View Post
    Bugger, I'm about to pull out an Expobar Elegance from a cafe in Geelong who have no idea what to do with it (I'm about to install an LSM). I actually thought of you when I spoke to them on Friday thinking that it might suit.
    still be keen to chat to you about the expobar you are pulling out ....

thanks for the insight Attila

With the nature of coffee carts and the luxuries of leasing, im not prepared to drop 6-7k into a "decent" brand that is susceptible to failure due to constant movement, vibration etc.

I churn machines every 12 months anyway, so worst case this time next year I change it

CMA coffee machine

Just checked it and its not the compact. Sorry mate. Will keep an eye out though

Hi melbuurn, I know its 2015 and I'm new at this. just wondering if you ever found out about CMA manufacture? I have a Pratic SAE/2 two group head & need to find who imported these machines to Melbourne. The retailer whom I purchased the machine from in 2011 no longer exists.

If it's parts you're after, most coffee techs will have parts for CMA machines

Post from TOK above is probably the best way to locate the current importer/spares support...

If it is under the Astoria badge, then Service Sphere in Melbourne are the current importers...

Mal.
    Lbarista likes this.

Depending on which parts you need, you might find lots are interchangeable with others. i.e. Procon pumps, Sirai pressurestat etc. Consumables like seals, showers etc are across the counter at most parts shops.

This is of course assuming you need parts and not something else?

Wow... thanks for the quick responses. Definitely look into advice given. Will let you know how I go.
    Dimal likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Lbarista View Post
    Hi melbuurn, I know its 2015 and I'm new at this. just wondering if you ever found out about CMA manufacture? I have a Pratic SAE/2 two group head & need to find who imported these machines to Melbourne. The retailer whom I purchased the machine from in 2011 no longer exists.
    I'm curios - who did you buy the machine off? Some of the retailers who sold some odd machines are still around under different names