Thread: Help, Faema E98 Compact A/1 Direct Water Mains problem

Help, Faema E98 Compact A/1 Direct Water Mains problem

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    I have the Faema E98 Compact A/1 and have been using the tank fill up method only. When it came, I had to convert it to that by the instructions in the manual. (That said, the little plastic connectors for the level switch were missing at the time and I had to McGyver it with Paper clips to get the level switch to work). However, I reversed (I hope) what I had done and hooked up a direct water supply. When I switch the machine on the following occurs

1. When the two level sensor wires are twisted together not touching the sensors, the boiler level red light (Steady) comes on , a noise from the machine (maybe the pump) before the noise stops and the Red Light goes Steady to Flashing.

2. When the two level sensor wires are open not touching the sensors, the boiler level red light (Steady) comes on , a noise from the machine (maybe the pump), The Tank Level Light is on , water is flowing into the tank. I have to then switch it off before the tank overfills.

How do I bypass the tank filling and get the water into the boiler directly? What is the configuration of the level sensors wires? This is driving me crazy!!!! Where am I going wrong?

Regards
    SteveDVSInc

usualy the leval sensor is a loop, a ground wire on the element conducts through the water in the boiler to the adjustable rod level senor on the top of the tank. can you post a picture of the wires or where your sensor is.

most control boxes work off the resistance of the loop to tell it when to activate the fill solenoid and the pump.