Thread: LM GS 3 or Synesso single Group

LM GS 3 or Synesso single Group

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    i need find a friend for my Robur E, so.......

just about to order LM GS-3 or Synesso single group

i own LM Linea and now i need to buy single group for home.

if anyone have experience with synesso and GS-3 VA / paddle?

i will setup with plumbing.

price for GS-3 is $5,500 and for synesso still waiting for the price

any issu/ new model will turn-up from LM, synesso ?

cheers...

Do you have any experience with either machines? Both are excellent. I don't know enough about the GS3's, but I do know the temp stability on the synesso's is insane... I've witnessed not even a tenth of a deg C change during a pour. Setup and maintenance of such machines is critical, get advice from site sponsors or industry folk.

It 'might' be the case that LM's are more easily serviced depending where in AU you are. I can't add much more to this thread due to lack of knowledge.

Aesthetically I prefer the look of the LM.

My dream machine is in fact a Linea, I'm a sucker for that clunky retro style

Quote Originally Posted by JamesM View Post
    Do you have any experience with either machines? Both are excellent. I don't know enough about the GS3's, but I do know the temp stability on the synesso's is insane... I've witnessed not even a tenth of a deg C change during a pour. Setup and maintenance of such machines is critical, get advice from site sponsors or industry folk.

It 'might' be the case that LM's are more easily serviced depending where in AU you are. I can't add much more to this thread due to lack of knowledge.

Aesthetically I prefer the look of the LM.

My dream machine is in fact a Linea, I'm a sucker for that clunky retro style

if LM, you will prefer VA or Paddle version?

cheers

I have the LM GS/3 Paddle version and really like it. It will do anything I am smart enough to ask it to do.

I believe the Synesso is more $$$$$

A big +1 for service. LM is everywhere, Synesso is a much newer company.

I recently got hold of a LM GS3 Paddle. It is ..in few words ..very good. I am not concerned about aesthetics - just performance.

Any of the GS3 or Synesso - I am sure you will not be disappointed with and will provide similar results.

If delivery time is a priority, you'd want to factor that in to a purchase decision as well. Both machines are custom built to order, and the lead time for LM through Allpress is generally quoted at around 6 weeks, I think it's highly unlikely that there is a single group Hydra in the country and that could be several months away. If anyone says they have one in stock, get it in writing!

Quote Originally Posted by coffee_machinist View Post
    If delivery time is a priority, you'd want to factor that in to a purchase decision as well. Both machines are custom built to order, and the lead time for LM through Allpress is generally quoted at around 6 weeks, I think it's highly unlikely that there is a single group Hydra in the country and that could be several months away. If anyone says they have one in stock, get it in writing!

i'm happy to wait to receive a right choice, i owned Linea "i will sell soon" and comercial single group machine for home, i just need to upgrade my single group.

cheers...

... I don't know enough about the GS3's, but I do know the temp stability on the synesso's is insane... I've witnessed not even a tenth of a deg C change during a pour..
    .. is this really a good thing ..??
    I ask because there is some discussion on another thread, as to how the temperature "profile" ( variation during the shot) can help flavor development, and how it is an advantage on those machines that facilitate it ..( eg, levers)

Almost every shot I've had off a Synesso has been great. Not to say better than a LM...

Hands-on time would be essential for me if I was in the market for one of these

... I don't know enough about the GS3's, but I do know the temp stability on the synesso's is insane... I've witnessed not even a tenth of a deg C change during a pour..
    I ask because there is some discussion on another thread, as to how the temperature "profile" ( variation during the shot) can help flavor development, and how it is an advantage on those machines that facilitate it ..( eg, levers)

Quote Originally Posted by blend52 View Post
    Depends what you're looking for... consistency or complexity

basically just about money i will spend, so i take more time to make final decision,
    any experience about LM and Synesso will be Great.....

many thanks to everyone......

paddle looks nice as one of our CS member already mod the group head like strada MP.

I was in a similar situation to yourself. I wanted a set up at home that would give me the same shots and steaming capabilty as the linea/robur set up in my shop.
    The shots from my original home machine (a hx) were never anything like the linea's.

I got the GS3 paddle, about 3 months ago, with the intention of installing the strada group head parts.

The GS3 has exceeded my expections, the shots and steam are as good as the linea's. A few other things that I like are, a full set of VST baskets were included, along with a quality La Marzocco metal tamper. The GS3 has a built in shot timer and preset on/off timer. Coupled with the easy of maintenance on the shower screens and group seals, I am extremely happy with it!

Quote Originally Posted by aedion View Post
    I was in a similar situation to yourself. I wanted a set up at home that would give me the same shots and steaming capabilty as the linea/robur set up in my shop.
    The shots from my original home machine (a hx) were never anything like the linea's.

I got the GS3 paddle, about 3 months ago, with the intention of installing the strada group head parts.

The GS3 has exceeded my expections, the shots and steam are as good as the linea's. A few other things that I like are, a full set of VST baskets were included, along with a quality La Marzocco metal tamper. The GS3 has a built in shot timer and preset on/off timer. Coupled with the easy of maintenance on the shower screens and group seals, I am extremely happy with it!
    most people prefere GS3 paddle instate of Synesso because the price about 2x,
    have you ask how much will cost you to upgrade to LM Strada MP group head?

i ask Slayer about single group, they just replay to me and said still in the development phase one, so still long to go.
    i found the picture from website, looks sexy
    oh.... i getting in love with GS3......

cheers
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by bluecoin View Post
    have you ask how much will cost you to upgrade to LM Strada MP group head?
    cheers
    I haven't checked the cost with Allpress, but I expect it to be around $600.

I haven't checked the cost with Allpress, but I expect it to be around $600.
    hi Aedion,

i see on other forum, people said around $500 if you need buy everything and around $200 if you need do little bit of work, the most expensive is the "A.5.010 Ryton Valve Shaft MP", maybe like the cap maybe easy to drill, but i not sure how much the actual cost in allpress.

cheers

I hope you're going to use better beans than those in the picture!

Quote Originally Posted by mwcalder05 View Post
    I hope you're going to use better beans than those in the picture!
    hi mwcalder, hope you have a good beans to.

i using my own Blend which i think good, hahhahah however every weeks i have different blends.

cheers....
    Last edited by bluecoin; 28th December 2012 at 10:56 PM.

Indeed I am mate! Congrats, although i hope i didn't offend - i really only meant it as a joke!

Thanks for everyone
    finally i do backorder for LM GS3 Paddle and i will replace my Mazzer Robur E with brand new Robur E.
    i will upgrade the group head to Strada MP, but any one can help with "microswitch" position. i red some people explain (2-3) but i sill not understand !!!

so i will post my Comercial Single Group and Home Use Mazzer Robur E at Market Square "Coffee Hardware For Sale"

cheers....

Congrats, bluecoin, be sure to post some pics of your new setup when it's on your kitchen bench!

Are you able to get the Robur supplied with run in burr sets, like what is now available in the states?

I talked(in person) with LaMarzocco USA about the Strada Group MODs and they understood what I was doing(wanting to do) but did not have a figure about cost right off the top of their head. Others have Posted the $500 figure and since the shaft and the gauge are the only 2 expensive parts I suspect the $500 figure is pretty close.

Quote Originally Posted by chokkidog View Post
    Congrats, bluecoin, be sure to post some pics of your new setup when it's on your kitchen bench!

Are you able to get the Robur supplied with run in burr sets, like what is now available in the states?
    i will post when arrive......
    i just need to have whole new setup so i will sell my Robur E..... an replace with one following my lists ( Robur E / kony E / Compak Fresh 10 )

cheers....

All new stock of Mazzer conicals *should* be shipping with a revised burr set, these started appearing early this year. You can tell them apart by a small machined ring on the inner edge of the base of the static outer burr

All new stock of Mazzer conicals *should* be shipping with a revised burr set, these started appearing early this year. You can tell them apart by a small machined ring on the inner edge of the base of the static outer burr
    it's will make faster or what is the different?

better quality finish, rough edges from manufacturing process have been removed with Grindz or a similar product. There are very minor changes to the profile but I can't say what that translates to in real-world terms, essentially the burr sets are good to go directly from the packet instead of having to run 50+ kg through them before they stabilise.

better quality finish, rough edges from manufacturing process have been removed with Grindz or a similar product. There are very minor changes to the profile but I can't say what that translates to in real-world terms, essentially the burr sets are good to go directly from the packet instead of having to run 50+ kg through them before they stabilise.
    if you have a picture able to share with us will be great.

cheers.....

just wondering "UT004 PADDLE O-RING EXTRACTOR" it's included with the accessories or i have to buy separate?

cheers....

It is a separate tool and as I recall it was not very expensive otherwise I would have noticed :-)

Quote Originally Posted by BLrdFX View Post
    It is a separate tool and as I recall it was not very expensive otherwise I would have noticed :-)
    i think around $100+

anyone have try to replace the Orings Without this tool?

cheers...

TC
    It's doable, but fiddly without it. It's also much easier to do damage if you're not careful.

Quote Originally Posted by Talk_Coffee View Post
    It's doable, but fiddly without it. It's also much easier to do damage if you're not careful.

thanks TC, i will try to ask allpress how much is a cost

hi,
    someone know about Mazzer Kony?
    my Robur Burr has 71mm out and 49mm in diameter, i try to google but can't find any.

cheers

TC
    See MAZZER srl

Burr size is 63mm part #191C

Quote Originally Posted by Talk_Coffee View Post
    See MAZZER srl

Burr size is 63mm part #191C
    sorry forgot, i'm after is inner diameter?

cheers

Hi bluecoin, sorry to bother. As I might be upgrading to LM GS3 Paddle, then come across your post regarding upgrading to Strdaa MP group head! Have you done it yet? Any advantage?
    Is it worth ? And how much trouble (difficulty)? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Haymarket View Post
    Hi bluecoin, sorry to bother. As I might be upgrading to LM GS3 Paddle, then come across your post regarding upgrading to Strdaa MP group head! Have you done it yet? Any advantage?
    Is it worth ? And how much trouble (difficulty)? Thanks
    my machine will turn up end of March and i will convert to Strada head, will cost me around $300-350 (exclude group cap)
    i believe with the upgrade u can see the real pressure on the way.
    also i thing the leaking is not the issue, it's just regular base to replace the o-ring if the time come up ( i guest about 4-6months )

when my machine arrive i will pose some pictures to share with other member.

i see on you tube after convert the head we able to play with the pressure eg: 3-6-9bar as u like

cheers

my GS3 with Strada Head

sorry for late post, this my setup At Home

Quote Originally Posted by bluecoin View Post
    sorry for late post, this my setup At Home
    Holy crap! That is one sweet setup!!

I'm amazed that you have both a Robur (?) and a Swift!

And a Ditting bag grinder as well!

Is this really for home use or a tiny back, back alley down the stairs, around the corner and to get access you need the password of the day, cafe? Super sweet man!

Quote Originally Posted by mwcalder05 View Post
    Is this really for home use or a tiny back, back alley down the stairs, around the corner and to get access you need the password of the day, cafe? Super sweet man!
    Yes, for Home setup. i loved this room

Quote Originally Posted by kwantfm View Post
    I'm amazed that you have both a Robur (?) and a Swift!
    Yes, it's Robur-E

Gs mp

sorry for bad picture, took use mobile phone camera

So how goes the Strada mod?? What have you been doing with the pressure profiling capabilities?

Quote Originally Posted by kwantfm View Post
    So how goes the Strada mod?? What have you been doing with the pressure profiling capabilities?
    i fill much accurate when make shot, also easy to do pre infusion at 3bar or any pressure you like.