Thread: La Cimbali M8 Selectron Tempature Issues *Help*

La Cimbali M8 Selectron Tempature Issues *Help*

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Hi All,

I own a La Cimbali M8 Selectron that has been working well for a couple of years however over time it has been starting to exhibit some worsening behavior. Currently the element switches off when its only a few cm into the blue on the pressure gauge whereas in the past it used to stay on until it was into the green. If I leave it on long enough it very slowly (hours) makes it way up to the green section after many on then off cycles.

Wondering if someone can give me any advise on what they believe the issue may be? Is it something easily fixed or do I need to get someone in to take a look?

Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by morrisoc View Post
    Hi All,

I own a La Cimbali M8 Selectron that has been working well for a couple of years however over time it has been starting to exhibit some worsening behavior. Currently the element switches off when its only a few cm into the blue on the pressure gauge whereas in the past it used to stay on until it was into the green. If I leave it on long enough it very slowly (hours) makes it way up to the green section after many on then off cycles.

Wondering if someone can give me any advise on what they believe the issue may be? Is it something easily fixed or do I need to get someone in to take a look?

Thanks in advance.
    Bump. Anyone?

I'm just starting out with these machines myself but the first thing I would look at is the pressurestat. You might want to try adjusting it or replacing it if adjustment doesn't work. While you're at it, why not order an element gasket and take a peek inside the boiler and see how much scale you have in there. If scale has worked its way up into the diaphragm, it may be affecting its ability to switch on and off at the setpoint.
    Just going off the top of my head as no one else has stepped in yet... Feel free to correct me! Feed the newbs and starve the trolls!