Thread: ECM Raffaello refurbishment successful!

ECM Raffaello refurbishment successful!

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Hi all,
    Just wanted to share some follow-up on a machine I was working on awhile back. A friend bought it from a closed-out cafe for $250 and brought it to me for repair. It was badly scaled-up and missing its portafilter but on power-up did come to pressure and all functions still seemed to be working, however sluggish. It took forever to get parts, but all I needed was a few standard seals, a pilot light, and a new portafilter. I chose a Rocket bottomless portafilter that came with a triple basket, luckily the double and blind baskets were still with the machine. I got a deal on a Rattleware 58mm tamper. So after descaling, rebuilding the group and resealing everything, along with several hours buffing-out scratches in the paint and blemishes on the nickel-plated boiler, I plugged it in and everything came up perfect. The pump and pressurestat thankfully, needed no adjustment or replacement. Really looking forward to delivering it tomorrow. Have a look. An ugly before pic at the end upon removal of panels. They always look terrific on the outside, which seems to be why a good machine and a completely flogged machine always seem to have the same asking price. Except, luckily, in this case.
    Thanks to everyone for the free advice. Cheers
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hi there!

She looks in much better shape than before! I know it has been a year that has passed by now but how is she working? I am actually keen to acquire one to recon for personal use.

Did you have much difficulty descaling and replacing the parts? I don't have much experience in all these but I am really really keen to carry this project out. I know it's hard to look for ECM parts now except for maybe generic e61 parts. I foresee I'll probably have more difficulty since I am based in Singapore.