Thread: Cimbali M27 hot water dispenser

Cimbali M27 hot water dispenser

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Hi all, I just installed my cimbali after being on my garage for 10 years! The machine is nearly new (used only for +- 6 months) It started ok but there is no water coming out of the dispenser! when I press the button I hear the solenoid kicking in, light goes on en the pump starts but no water comes out! The group on the right has also not enough pressure! Steam is very powerful!
    Any idea what could be? Ill appreciate some advice! Thanks

Re: Cimbali M27 hot water dispenser

Valimar,

The La Cimbali has an economiser.... which mixes cold and boiler water together before it is dispensed via the hot water tap....

I suspect bits of scale etc which would have formed in the boiler and the heat exchanger during its short use have dislodged when these dried out in storage.... and have now found their way into the group filter/jet (of the right hand group) and have lodged in the economiser and or solenoids in the hot water path.

If the machine wasnt cleaned thoroughly before storage...... it will need to be now. Id guess a strip down is in order.

Hello,
    Java B is right, the economiser is a suspect, watch out with the centre screw you find under the cap.
    It will break easy if it is stuck due to calcium.
    Just take the whole economiser of the boiler and check if all the holes are open.
    Then follow your way up to via the solenoid valve to the dispenser, the tube will be ok I think but when you come to the solenoid valve, it is possible that they put a filter right before the valve to protect it from scale.
    (some of the mechanics in Holland do that) they take of the nozzle from the valve and put a filter from the 0,8 flow restrictor (used before every coffee group and just before the economiser) in the hole, then they put the nozzle back on the valve.
    This causes blockage a lot.

There should be two valves that open when you dispense tea, the one next to the economiser, and the one just behind the dispenser. The one next to the economiser just fills the boiler, and the one behind the dispenser opens the way out the boiler to the dispenser.
    Both have to open simultaneous, and the one next to the dispenser should stay open till the boiler is filled up again. So check the whole hot water system.

With the coffee group you have to remove the front plate (the one with the hole for the gauge) and look if the flow restrictor is not blocked (use a spanner 20 and 17 to loosen the pipe that holds the flow restrictor behind the front plate.)
    I reconditioned a lot of cimbaliís and every time when I put one on the shelf for a few months to wait for its sale, the flow restrictors were blocked (new ones) and I had to clean them again.
    Also check the solenoid valve on the side off the group and the filters.
    Tony

Hello, JavaB & Schaerer thanks a lot for your assistence!
    I solved the problem! First I empty the boiler and took the economiser out! Everything was clean without any trace of calcium! Then I took the dispensers solenoid out and that was it! The steel slug inside if the inductive coil was full of rust and didnt move at all.
    I also increased slighty the water temperature of the economiser! Everything seems ok now!
    Rodrigo

Rodrigo...

Glad to hear its all sorted. They are a great machine, extremely well built and make really great coffee..... unfortunately they are designed to be used - sitting in storage isnt good for them (things tend to corrode and deteriorate through lack of use).

Enjoy.

lots off succes whith your cimbali.