Thread: Potential-equalizing connection Cimbali M27

Potential-equalizing connection Cimbali M27

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Hello,
    I just wonder, after installation of my machine if it is necessary to do this connection as explained in the manual! When I remove the black metal plate under the pan there are a lot of earth connections together! I suppose thats the right location to connect a wire! However it doesnt look like the picture shown on the installation page! Maybe JavaB, having almost the same machine can help me about this!
    Rodrigo

Re: Potential-equalizing connection Cimbali M27

Rodrigo.....

The common earth point is a chassis bolt to the left and at the rear of the electronics box. It is one of the bolts which secure the side cast panel to the base plate which runs across between the cast side panels. There is a large earth wire running from that point to a bolt on the side of the black metal box.... and several earth wires run from that point - to the transformer, the pump motor and quite a few other places....

The incoming mains cable terminates - active and neutral - on the switch (as per the installation diagram) and the earth cable on the large chassis bolt.

Thank you JavaB for the useful information! This weekend Ill look for the earth bolt you mention and connect it to the metal water pipes in my kitchen

Valimar, if your house is wired correctly, there is no need to connect the chassis to water pipes --- it should already be earthed through the green earth wire in the power cable.

--Robusto

Valimar,

As Robusto said above.

In Australia and most European countries (Im not sure about Portugal where you live) there is also a earth lead with the active and neutral in the cable ..... so this earth lead (generally a green insulated wire or a green wire with a yellow stripe) is all that is required and this can be connected to the earth bolt in the machine.

In some countries they only run active and neutral to appliances.... You then need to run the additional "protective" earth so that if something in the machine fails the chassis wont become active and deliver a nasty shock.

Thanks for the additional observations! When the cimbali was installed in my former restaurant there was no equalizing connection, but following the instructions manual should be "absolutely necessary".
    In Portugal as well as in every country of the European Community all plug-sockets installed in bathrooms and kitchens have a green/yellow earth lead. Anyway an extra protection is not harmful...