Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By stuartm

Thread: 15 amp timers for 2 group machines

15 amp timers for 2 group machines

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    I'm wondering whether it's possible to get a plug in timer for a 2 group machine which is on its own 15 amp circuit. I know there are 15A GPOs with timers built in, but I was hoping to get an off the shelf device and not have to get a sparky in.

Best solution is to have one made to suit. A decent domestic sparky will be able to put one together for you with a 15A lead on one side and a 15A socket mounted on the box. Still circa $2-250 worth of bits based on the last one I had put in beside the fuse box for my 3grp (reduced power)

I had a 7 day 24 hour programable timer put into my fuse box for my 15amp machine. Cost was about $85 + installation if my memory serves me correctly. Works faultlessly. Very happy.

Quote Originally Posted by teknostar View Post
    I had a 7 day 24 hour programable timer put into my fuse box for my 15amp machine. Cost was about $85 + installation if my memory serves me correctly. Works faultlessly. Very happy.
    could make one quite simply with a added relay to handle much more than 15 amps. I build one that takes 50a @ 240 to turn my Due on and off, i had initially used a digital timer but eventually changed it to a small smart relay that was computer programmable to add some logic to it so i wanted to use the machine off schedule i could push a button and it would turn on for an hour then shut itself back off again.
    Dragunov21 likes this.