Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Paolo

Thread: ECM Manufacture Controvento

ECM Manufacture Controvento

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Hi all,

Has anyone in the CS community (site sponsors included) received any recent info on the new ECM Manufacture Controvento dual boiler unit? Specifically with regard to any would-be distributors or intent to sell within the Australian market?? Any info will be greatly received.

Cheers,

Tim.

Thanks,

I have looked at the manufacturer's website previously; aside from info regarding this unit appearing only in German, I couldn't discern any information regarding availability in the Australian market.

The styling is a bit in the ilk of a Speedster/Mirage...or is that just my imagination?

It looks to be a cracker of a machine!

Quote Originally Posted by brewfiend View Post
    Thanks,

aside from info regarding this unit appearing only in German, I couldn't discern any information
    ???

NEW: ECM Controvento

The Controvento veers away from the classic look and races 'against the wind', as the name implies.
    Our aim is to distinguish ourselves from the crowd with this extravagant and modern design.

Following are the most important data on the first dual-boiler espresso machine from ECM:

Dual-boiler
    PID-display for the individual temperature
    regulation of both boilers
    PID-display indicating the brewing time
    in seconds
    ECM E61 brew group
    Rotary pump for quiet operation
    LED illuminated Lucite back plate
    Stainless steel boilers
    On/off switch for the steam boiler
    Boiler insulation
    Switchable from water tank to fixed water connection
    Drainage hook-up for residual water is possible

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by brewfiend View Post
    Hi all,

Has anyone in the CS community (site sponsors included) received any recent info on the new ECM Manufacture Controvento dual boiler unit? Specifically with regard to any would-be distributors or intent to sell within the Australian market?? Any info will be greatly received.

Cheers,

Tim.
    If you use the Quote Form (top and bottom of every CoffeeSnobs page) you can ask all the sponsors at once. That would be the fastest way of finding out.

hmmm...
    dual boiler, handy shot clock and turn the steam boiler off are some great new features.

Makes me wonder why I haven't put a switch on the GS3 steam boiler as it does shots all day and only does the odd milk drink. Would save a bomb in power each year.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    Makes me wonder why I haven't put a switch on the GS3 steam boiler as it does shots all day and only does the odd milk drink. Would save a bomb in power each year.
    I have a switch installed in my Linea to turn off the steam boiler. I hardly ever use the steam boiler. Works a treat...
    Andy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Paolo View Post
    I have a switch installed in my Linea to turn off the steam boiler. I hardly ever use the steam boiler. Works a treat...
    Position one on the main switch already does this, unless the one group is different. Never seen one. ECM had a Controvento on the stand at MICE, certainly an interesting machine. I am a big fan of their attention to detail in aspects of manufacturing, like material choice for the E61 group mushroom - machined stainless steel. Nice...

Quote Originally Posted by coffee_machinist View Post
    Position one on the main switch already does this, unless the one group is different. Never seen one.
    On my machine 0 is all power off, 1 is power on (except to heater elements) for autofill to do its job and 2 is power on plus power to the heating elements. Mine is a single group Linea EE that was bought new and only modified on pickup day, so I don't know if all single group Lineas are the same.

Site Sponsor
    We now have the ECM Controvento coffee machine up on our website with pricing and info. There is stock in Australia at the moment. You'll find it in the coffee machine section of our online shop. These are going to be very big in Australia. Silipo Coffee providing Gold Coast Wholesale Coffee. any other questions just pm me.

Man that is one spectacular looking machine

TC
    Quote Originally Posted by herzog View Post
    Man that is one spectacular looking machine
    Interesting design...and $2000 more than a paddle group GS/3.

I liked it until I saw the price.

Verging on Speedster, Synesso and Slayer territory... all of these and the GS3 have saturated group heads.

That thing is ugly as!

Quote Originally Posted by Talk_Coffee View Post
    Interesting design...and $2000 more than a paddle group GS/3.

I liked it until I saw the price.
    Looks very nice but yikes! I think I might stick to saving up for a GS3 thanks! (Might be a while away but oh well :P)

Site Sponsor

Making Coffee with the ECM Controvento

The Controvento is available for a test drive on Di Bartoli Showroom bench! Check out first impression and photos on this Facebook thread

This is just a quick video with the first few shots right after receiving it. Will upload a proper audio one with our second test drive.